Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel contract early

• 13-10-2009 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Well as the title suggests. I am with meteor for a year and a half as a bill pay customer, have been with them for years as a payg customer. I am halfway through my second contract with them, have always paid my bill on time and in full. I've recently lost my job and can't afford to pay my phone bill on the money im getting from the social. Is it possible to cancel my contract with them and return to payg?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Depends. Did you re-sign for a second contract with them by getting an upgrade? You can't get out of th contract until the 2nd year is up AFAIK but maybe you can by paying a penalty or something crappy like that. I'm actually in the same bind as yourself and I'd like to know too. Sorry I can't tell you any more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Yeah I signed a contract for a crappy phone. I would not mind paying the penalty, just to be done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

The penalty is usually the full standing monthly charge so it wouldn't really make sense ?

You can downgrade your package after 6 months - I'd whack it down to the lowest package and try not to go over your minutes.

Also, check out www.cabbagetexter.com for sending cheap texts via your free webtexts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Thanks for the advice lads. I will get in contact with them today about downgrading it to the €20 a month bundle. Will I have to sign another contract when I do this, or this carry over from my original one I signed when i got my phone.

Can I use cabbage texter on my iphone? I have it as a desktop app, it's brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Have already tried downloading that Eirtext, but when I put in my 4 digit password it always shows up as 6 so I can't use it.

Advertisement