Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta drop down menu taking up whole screen

Options
  • 14-10-2009 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭

I'm using the Beta skin.
    When I hover over the Rec drop down menu, it takes over the whole screen, and the forums are all out of whack.
    It seems instead of continuing on in a new column after Poker, Puzzles and Quizzes is slotting in under Food and Drink.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

You might want to edit out your real name from the screenshot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Odd that you're seeing that, since you're running the exact same version & build of browser as I am.

Ross will undoubtably have a better idea. I'll ask him in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Jonathan wrote: »
    You might want to edit out your real name from the screenshot :)

oopsie - thanks for the heads up - edited now :)
    Been a long and tiring day - brain not working.

Thanks Conor - could be my tiny screen then :(

cAr0l wrote: »
    Thanks Conor - could be my tiny screen then :(

Luckily, Ross thought ahead. :)

See the little cog icon next to the envelope on the top right? If you tick "Netbook Mode", click "Apply Changes" and then reload the page you might have more success.

It gets rid of the problem - but menu is now too small to read :) Not on a netbook - think its 14inch screen - small compared to the external monitor I use :(
    It was fine up until about an hour ago or so. It seems to be there isn't enough room going across the screen for the forum list to continue to go where they are supposed to go.

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity, what model of Mac are you using and what screen resolution?

iBook G4, resolution is 1024x768

cAr0l wrote: »
    iBook G4, resolution is 1024x768

Odd, it should work at that resolution. I'll check with Ross in the morning.

I miss my PowerBook G4 :(

As it turns out, the problem was an overly-long forum name for a new forum. That has been fixed so the menu should look fine for you now.

Thanks - back to normal again! :)

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement