Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stock photography?

• 14-10-2009 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi everyone!
    I am an amateur photographer and recently I started thinking about how to make money with my photographs. I came across information about stock photography, but things are not very clear for me yet. For example, if I would join a stock agency, should I go for microstock agencies or for traditional agencies? Any advice from people that are already involved in stock photography would be greatly appreciated. I would be very glad if you could recommend me some good stock agencies for a beginner in this business.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

bvlro wrote: »
    I would be very glad if you could recommend me some good stock agencies for a beginner in this business.

My stuff goes through Getty Images, be warned though that it is very difficult to make money out of this. With a bit of luck, your hobby might be paid for. There's n guarantee they'll accept your images either. Why don't you link o some of your images so we can see and appraise ...

Hugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bvlro

I've just checked GettyImages website and I can not find information about how to become a contributor. Anyway, I don't think I stand a chance with this agency because, as far as I know they work mostly with very good professional photographers...

Here are some of my images, please feel free to comment: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11853490@N08/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

there are a few other sites.

www.shutterstock.com
    www.istockphoto.com

I'm sure when the search funtion is fixed you'll be able to search for many many threads on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

bvlro wrote: »
    I've just checked GettyImages website and I can not find information about how to become a contributor. Anyway, I don't think I stand a chance with this agency because, as far as I know they work mostly with very good professional photographers...

Here are some of my images, please feel free to comment: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11853490@N08/

There's some great shots on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

The most popular ones would probably be:
    istock, shutterstock, fotolia, stockxpert, dreamstime, crestock and 123rf.

I am registered on all of them and have 100-200 photos for sale on each one, however you would really need a lot of images to make any decent income.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bvlro

I will try Shutterstock and Fotolia because I've seen here - http://infostockphoto.com/by-rating.html - that they are the best rated stock sites. I'll also take a look at istockphoto and Dreamstime maybe I'll send them some photos too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jjoconnor

anyone have experience with Collins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

jjoconnor wrote: »
    anyone have experience with Collins?

who's "collins" ?

the agency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

do you mean for stock photography ? (isnt that what this thread is about)

I know the guys that work there (Collins Photo Agency)

• Advertisement

yes can you sell photos through or do they just hire full-time photographers? anyone work for them?

Advertisement