Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prize Pool Preview

• 14-10-2009 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

BR have released what the prize pools would have been for this season, if they had been in effect.

The prize pool for my league would have been 700k.

My cut as winner would have been 240k, which is remarkably close (~5k) to what I actually made between prize money and playoff profits.

The difference is that by my reckoning, the second, third and fourth placed teams would have made significantly more than they actually did.

How about the rest of ye? Would you have made more/less?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

The cut for the winner is 40% which works out at 280k, so you would have been better off.

I would also, as winning only netted me 260k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I'd have been better off by maybe 30k. But I still dislike the new way. It takes a lot of the emphasis off doing well in the group part of it and means that its all down to playoff performance. Although I highly doubt looking at my perspective league that this will be much of a concern for me next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Blendage

I would benefit by 70k.

Although it does take some emphasis off doing well in the group part the automatic promotion is still a hefty reason to get high points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

You also get a small advantage when you are the home team.

Could be useful in the playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Both true, although I do feel they should have kept at least some financial advantage to coming top of the group there is still an advantage to coming first in the group.

It will also make profits from any sort of a cup run the more important which might add some more spice to some cup matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I would have got about 80k-90k more i think. i won league and playoffs. Got 100k winnings and 30k profit from each of the home playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I would have come out about 20k down if, so hopefully the fact I will be in DIV III next season will mean I wont be down next season.

I got 100k winnings (as did everyone else) and then just under 100k profit from both playoff matches (don't have exact profit as can't access blackout in work!)

Advertisement