Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photobooks in the UK, (other than graphi)!!

• 14-10-2009 6:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi.
    I am pretty new to photography and I have just seen graphi's prices!

I searched online to find others. ("sim20000" - dont publish prices) - anyone had any experience with them?

I also found "photo productions" they publish their prices. (and cheaper than what I have seen so far)!

has anyone had any real experience with photo productions? I would love to know.
    the website is: http://photoproductions.com (and the prices are under the "Photobook" section in the title-bar)

thanks, (in advance) for your help ;))

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

digital photo magazine did a review in their ocober edition. they reviewed albelli, blurb, cewe, fotobook, myphotobook and photobox.

they were rated on how easy the software was to use to make the photobook, print quality, build and finish, value and then given an overall score.

Albelli got silver but scored 5 out of 5 for photo quality as well as build and finish. 3 out of 5 for interface and value

Blurb got gold and scored 5 out of 5 for value. 4 out of 5 for everything else.

Was going to try out albelli for a photo book myself. 5 out og 5 for photo quality and build and finish is gold standard in my book. there was a 25% discount in the magazine so brings the price in line too.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I've seen the aldi books they're a very good quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Such an obvious shill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I got a batch of 20 large prints (12x10) from photobox during the week & was very pleased with the quality & service. havent tried their photo book. I have used fotobook and while the cover & paper quality were v good the prints disappointed as all were about 1/2 to 1 stop darker than I expected. Didnt have that prob w. photobox & would defo consider ordering a photobook from them.

-FoxT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Hi guys,

I'm looking to put a book together with photos from a recent trip. I found this place through the bargain alerts forum and many people said it was very good.

www.photobox.ie

Just thought I'd see if anyone here would recommend an alternative before I dive in and make the book.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I've used vistaprint.ie in the past for photobooks. Always found them good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I use www.mypublisher.com

Love the interface and flexibility of page layouts etc, quality is superb.

Downside - the books are shipped from US (swiftly) but it puts an extra $20 on every order (and not possible to combine orders!)

Take a look at it and price it up, I consider it worthwhile for the quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 coverlifestudio

I think lots of you are talking about the cheaper 'paper' page photobox-style abums ??

I was talking about the expensive premium photobooks, (same as Graphistudio etc)...

or am I mistaken?

the albums I am selling to my customers are firm pages, or even semi-rigid.

you dont do graphic design, they have professional graphic designers that do it all for you, with pro-effects and layouts etc.

but I really did all the feedback. its all good info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Holy shít, this is going to cost me a fortune!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 image1960

Drop in to Photocare in Abbey St. Ask to see the new range of Professional Photo Books, and get a copy of the software to do your own layout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

ah nothing....

Advertisement