Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know what happened to the Rathfarnaham house pub???

Options
  • 14-10-2009 7:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey,
    Just wondering if anybody knows what ever happened to the Rathfarnham House, previously known as The Sarah Curran?? I've been away for a long time & came back to find it closed :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Yeah, The Rathfarnham House was a great pub when it first re-opened (2006 I think?). At the time it was being run by two young guys and it was doing well, but the father of one of the lads was involved in some seriously dodgy business and some of it was done through the pub. I can't really elaborate on a public forum but at the end of the day the lads had no real choice other than to close it.

It was again re-opened under the name 'Seasons' but it never took off. The place had a fairly rough crowd (a lot from Crumlin) frequenting the place thanks to the new owners. Touch (formerly Club Sarah) was relatively successful when it first opened but it wasn't long before the place was filled with 15-16 year olds every weekend so the place was raided one night and that was the end of it.

Anyway, it closed a couple of months ago. It's sad to see how the place has been run into the ground in recent years.

Advertisement