Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raid looting system

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

With the bidding system, you spend the amount of dkp that you think the item is worth to YOU. Whereas a fixed dkp system the items have set price, which you may find good or bad. If I want to burn all my DKP on a certain item, then so be it :) It's not good for the guild, only for the person in question.

Well yes and no. Most bidding systems ive dealt with involved the +1 idea, where the item goes for 1 more dkp than the next highest bid. Therefore its not going for what its worth to YOU rather its going for what its worth to HIM.

Like i said, ive been in most systems (bar loot council) and find zerosum fixed price the best by far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I like the idea of 0sum, but it only works if you have people who don't want to abuse it. There are 2 ways i've seen this happen.

0sum i'm taking as only DKP from loot dropped - therefore you only get DKP from boss downs and random loot drops. So if you go early in the raid week for 1 day, you can make as much DKP with all of the easy kills, than you'd make for the other 3 days. So people can build it up quickly, and take days off when they're needed for progress - helps the player, but handicaps the guild.

The other way i've seen it abused is by the guild leaders who decide that the amount of time spent in the guild deserves an additional amount of DKP, just to make sure that they get the loot before everyone else....after all in their mind, they've progressed from Molten Core to Totc 25hc. It's not like every patch/expansion is like a reset button on gear, toons, ability, players.

But yeah, I know a lot of people who swear by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 willowywicca

Our loot system resets at the start of each new tier (well technically, we have different dkp values stored for every tier, since we generally raid the newest tier and the previous tier at the same time). For the each tier, the members of each class+spec will assign a relative ordering on the value of each of the possible items for each slot. Rating them from 0 to +++++

E.g. for tier 9 as a warrior tank, for the chest slot there is 4 items and they may be rated as:
    t9 chest (heroic) +++++ (best)
    chest of the towering monstrosity (heroic) ++++
    t9 chest +++
    chest of the towering monstrosity ++

This rating is based on how much of an upgrade they are over a previous tier's Best in Slot gear (0 being when it's worse than the gear from last tier). Item's can both have the same rating, if their benefit is close enough to not be discernable.

Once each class+spec combo has done this, these are translated into prices based on the slot. (i.e. + = 20% of slot value, ++ = 40% etc til +++++ = 100%) All classes pay the same amount per slot (exception being 2handed classes pay same for that one slot as others do for mainhand + offhand slots).

The price lists people come up with are publicly listed, and in case any foul play is suspected (where obvious upgrades are rated extremely lowly) other members can criticise the values and the class representative posting them has to justify them.

In actual raids then, the item drops can automatically be assigned based on certain rules (highest current dkp wins, if item is BiS for one class but not for another that class has priority etc). If an item drops and you are in line to win it, but you do not want it (e.g. you got a better item from 10man heroic raids) you can pass on the item, still getting charged the dkp for it and then it will go to the 2nd winner for it (who could similarily pass etc..). As we are officially a 25man guild this system does not penalise those who take the time to raid 10man which is outside the dkp system, nor does it penalise those who only raid 25man (since if somone got an item in 10man and never had to buy something in that slot in the 25man dkp system it would give them a net dkp advantage..)

For earning dkp, everyone who is online and available to raid on a raid night earns the dkp for that raid, not merely those who are in the raid. This to me is by far the fairest way of doing it, as not getting any dkp because your class didn't fit into the setup for a certain boss is just frustrating.. you miss out on getting to raid and you miss out on future items..

We give no incentives to members to attend progress raids, as we are a guild of dedicated raiders who all want to raid. We do monitor attendance though on a per raid basis and someone with low attendance (below 80%) will be given time to improve it, or otherwise removed from the guild if they do not. Perhaps this is too harsh for most guilds to do, I dunno. Maybe we're just lucky in having people that always turn up to all raids.

Overall I think it is a good system, the only issue is with the generation of pricing of items, as certain caps (hit/expertise) can render the value of items as amazing or crap, if you cross the hard caps. Your BiS items can vary a lot depending on your current items, so the scores you have to give to slot items may not accurately portray their current value to you at the time they drop. But it is not a huge issue, and getting one item which is currently bad due to caps but eventually is likely to be good for you is still okay tbh, even though people generally feel bitterness in the shortterm at having to spend dkp on a 'worthless' item. :p

It is of course pretty high maintainence as well, but it prevents the main issues of dkp hoarding (where people would pass on minor upgrades to save for bigger upgrades like trinkets) since people have no choice in whether or not loot is taken. If it is an upgrade (as listed by themselves, in their loot table) they have to take it, if it is not an upgrade then they will not be able to get it unless nobody else wants it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

We just roll need / greed as we would in a heroic. Our guild doesn't openly recruit new people that often,we're pretty much the same group as we have been since classic launch so everyone trusts everyone else. On the rare occassion we let someone new in,they have 6 weeks of trials in ulduar/naxx before they're allowed to come to totc raids. Seems to work pretty good,and saves the hassle of keeping track of dkp.

Advertisement