Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can I do a HPT after coming off pill?

• 14-10-2009 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi I took my last pill 12th September and had my "pill" period on the 15th. Just wondering when I should expect my "normal" period?

For the past couple of weeks I have been having all the pregnancy symtoms, extremely tired, sore breasts, feeling sick, lower back and stomach pains.

I did a HPT 9th Oct because of the way I was feeling but was negative! Im going crazy thinking am I or am I not pregnant. If there is any one with any advice I would really appreciate it :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭GalwayDub2

Hiya.

I came off the pill in August after being on it for 8 years. It took 32 days for my period to come! So hang on in there, it can take a while for your period to sort itself out. In the meantime buy some ovulation predictor sticks so you know youre "doing the deed" at the right time.

I did this month and will be doing a test next weekend. Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Overthinker

Its frustrating though isnt it all this waiting! I did another HPT yesterday with another negative to im pretty sure im not pregnant. I am 33 days after I took my last pill so hopefully they will come soon so I start keeping track of my cycle.
    We are only starting TTC and the plan was not to stress as we are in hurry really but im not the most patient of people and its the whole not knowing thats driving me nuts!! :rolleyes:

We sound the exact same! I came off the pill with the attitude I'll just sit back for a while and wait for it to happen........that lasted all of a week!

I've no patience at all, so I ran out and got ovulation predictor kits, its better to know when is the right time. I did a test last week, I dont know WHY as I knew it was too soon to do it, I ovulated Monday last week, so I'm going to hold out and do a test next Sunday, it will be nearly 2 weeks then. (going to be so hard not to use the test I have at home before then though!!)

I know im terrible at the waiting game. I really am going to try stop thinking about it easier said than done though!

I dont know when I am ovulating as I have not yet had a real period so ill see do they come over the next few days and go from there. Just hope im not one of the unlucky ones who have to wait months until their AF come back!:eek:

I havent a clue as to even how the ovulation stick things work.:confused:

You just wee on them and if a smiley face comes up its time to get horizontal for a few days! I got mine in the chemist, they're a bit expensive and a few people here said get them on the net for much cheaper. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Just hope im not one of the unlucky ones who have to wait months until their AF come back!:eek:

60+ days my first 3 cycles! No way was I waiting for another period after the first one. Started monitoring my ovulation and am currently 6 months pregnant.

Not to scare you but you may not have even ovulated yet! :p

Keep me updated on the test results. Good luck! :D

Oh congrats Da Kitty!
    Still havent got my real period yet 34 days now after coming off pill! Maybe ill get the ovulation lit to try out, thx

Advertisement