Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking Set Pieces in the Arena with your Virtual Pro

Options
  • 14-10-2009 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

I've created a Virtual Pro, and I'm trying to unlock some of the VP Achievements in the Arena. When I go to the Arena, I default to my VP in 1 on 1 mode. However when I change to practice Set Pieces, the player changes to one of the players from my favourite club - Man Utd.

How do I get my VP to take set pieces in the Arena?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You can hold down RT to change any set piece takers including free kicks, throw ins, corners, penalties etc. But if he isn't in the team that won't help.

Go into Team Management. Select Man Utd, and put your pro in the team. Then go to player roles and switch him to take free kicks. Voila.

Remember that this saves...so offline games and unranked online matches will have him in your team. So you may want to change it back when you are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

@Kirby. Thanks

My VP is playing with Crewe in "Be A Pro Season", will this be affected if I follow your steps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

DerryRed wrote: »
    I've created a Virtual Pro, and I'm trying to unlock some of the VP Achievements in the Arena. When I go to the Arena, I default to my VP in 1 on 1 mode. However when I change to practice Set Pieces, the player changes to one of the players from my favourite club - Man Utd.

How do I get my VP to take set pieces in the Arena?

While in the one on one mode you can press any arrow key and it will turn into a set piece.There will be no wall or anything however.You still get the achievements for your pro though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah they have to be taken 1 v 1.

Most are easy, the curl free kick one took me a while, make sure you only use curl, no dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alpomb

Soby wrote: »
    While in the one on one mode you can press any arrow key and it will turn into a set piece.There will be no wall or anything however.You still get the achievements for your pro though

I was doing the set pieces using the new practice set pieces thing (i.e. with a wall and stuff) and I did what was required to complete the accomplishements but it did not tick them off.

It was only when I did them by pressing down on the d-pad that it ticked them off.

Just in case anyone else runs into that problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement