Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Forum Beers - NEW POLL!! - Pick a Date

Options
  • 09-10-2009 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

who would be up for a dublin city forum beers this side of christmas?

there is a good crowd of regular posters here i think it would be great to get together and have a drink and a chat.
    i for one would love to hear rashers stories of the city and have a chat with gav about the lower deck:P

so who is up for it?

*if this thread gets enough support maybe des or mairt could put some blue tac or glue on it or something

Which Date for the beers 22 votes

Friday 27th Nov
    0%
    Sat 28th Nov
    31%
    Standard ToasterGaspodeDordadmiralofthefleetThe Masterciagr2971968 7 votes
    Either of the dates suits me
    18%
    kaimeramonkeyfudgepanda100Dord 4 votes
    Neither of the dates suits me
    50%
    _blank_bonelessJohn MasonDordPeadar06WindSockGavin "shels"Dancor[Deleted User]ciagr297SparkyTech 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'd be up for it aslong as it doesn't get in the way of a Shels match and it's somewhere with cheap drinks.:D

Haven't been in the Lower Deck still a few of my mates got barred but still have many a funny story before that happened.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Sat 28th Nov
    I'd be up for it aslong as it doesn't get in the way of a Shels match and it's somewhere with cheap drinks.:D

Haven't been in the Lower Deck still a few of my mates got barred but still have many a funny story before that happened.:D

they must have done something really bad for liam to bar them

they must have done something really bad for liam to bar them

Don't think so, think he just got fed up of a young crowd in there.:D

Sat 28th Nov
    jeepers, he is going mad in his old age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yes! Northside Dublin Historical Pub Crawl!

Southside the week/ month/year aftar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

count me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Sat 28th Nov
    Sounds good to me.

WindSock wrote: »

down-with-this-sort-of-thing1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm going to infract you Gavin, if that post is still there tomorrow

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'm in.

I noticed that the pub at the back of Tara station is selling pints of a beer type substance for 3.40 all day everyday. Could be a handy spot. I know nothin g of the place other than location and price so I'm not pushing a regular haunt of mine.

• Advertisement

Poll Added, stickied

You can choose more than one answer in the poll, if any joker picks a yes and a no answer, I'll be very vexed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Sounds good, if only for me to get a chance to clip Gav around the ear for all those wheelchair jokes (you know what I'm talking about you young pup :mad:)
    WindSock wrote: »

Pub Crawl you say? If only someone from Dublin who posts on boards had experience of organising and running pub crawls around the city, if only.......

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

humberklog wrote: »
    I'm in.

I noticed that the pub at the back of Tara station is selling pints of a beer type substance for 3.40 all day everyday. Could be a handy spot. I know nothin g of the place other than location and price so I'm not pushing a regular haunt of mine.

That would be The Sub Lounge formerly known as O'Reillys. It's a nice place and a few other forums have had beers there. They seem to like boardsies.

It looks really cool inside too, arched ceilings and candles. :)

Orestes, how would one (or 20) go about hijacking your tour? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Sat 28th Nov
    Sounds like it could be an interesting evening, its all depending on the date though whather I can make it or not. Venue is not especially important imo, so long as they sell beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lads depending on the date the best I could do is drop in.

I'm Fighting on the weekend of Nov 7th in the Irish Judo Open so I'm off the gargle until then.

In December I'm pretty much tied up with work and Judo club Christmas parties.

Sat 28th Nov
    Lads depending on the date the best I could do is drop in.

I'm Fighting on the weekend of Nov 7th in the Irish Judo Open so I'm off the gargle until then.

In December I'm pretty much tied up with work and Judo club Christmas parties.

how about the last weekend of november? friday the 28th?

how about the last weekend of november? friday the 28th?

Sounds good, the LoI finishes the 7th November so I'd good.

Sat 28th Nov
    can anyone suggest dates? i think the 28th of november could be a runner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Im in depending on a date. Karma €3 all drinks AFAIK. Some other forums have had beers there.

I was thinking more along the lines of a "Proper" Dublin Pub in the D1 or D2 area maybe?

• Advertisement

can anyone suggest dates? i think the 28th of november could be a runner

Sounds good, could do a poll and have either it the 28th or 29th?
    Dancor wrote: »
    Im in depending on a date. Karma €3 all drinks AFAIK. Some other forums have had beers there.

YAY.
    Des wrote: »
    I was thinking more along the lines of a "Proper" Dublin Pub in the D1 or D2 area maybe?

NAY, some of us are unemployed students you know and we need our €3 drinks.:D

Sat 28th Nov

yes, a real pub would be great. i was in the bachelor inn on sunday night and even though its been slightly renovated it still hasnt lost it charm.
    Sounds good, could do a poll and have either it the 28th or 29th?

YAY.

NAY, some of us are unemployed students you know and we need our €3 drinks.:D

a poll would be great and start saving gavin:)

start saving gavin:)

Going to be tough, Shels have Waterford away, Finn Harps away and Kildare away still left in the season (possibly more if we don't win the league) that's the guts of €150 (unless we win the league in Kildare that would rocket to about €220:D). And I just joined the re-formed poker soc in college today.:cool:

Sat 28th Nov
    thats a waste, super hoops are going to win the league:p

thats a waste, super hoops are going to win the league:p

Different divisions Gar!

Sat 28th Nov
    Different divisions Gar!

you see, im only just getting into LOI, but apart from that, doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Ah I know what you mean. Sounds better actually.
    Going to be tough, Shels have Waterford away, Finn Harps away and Kildare away still left in the season (possibly more if we don't win the league) that's the guts of €150 (unless we win the league in Kildare that would rocket to about €220:D). And I just joined the re-formed poker soc in college today.:cool:

:rolleyes: Stop trying to be different and support Man Utd or something like everyone else :D

Dancor wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Stop trying to be different and support Man Utd or something like everyone else :D

Ahem :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Or D8.

Darky's or Karma on Fishamble St are cracking venue's.

• Advertisement

Sat 28th Nov
    Or D8.

Darky's or Karma on Fishamble St are cracking venue's.

how about a combo of the two, a real dublin pub is less than 10 minutes away on clanrassil street, kate mc auleys. there is a cracking pint in there too. maybe we could meet there and then head on to darkeys/karma

Advertisement