Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Forum Beers - NEW POLL!! - Pick a Date

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Neither of the dates suits me
    Ah, heres the thread. I was looking for it earlier and couldn't find it. Karma looks like a cheap Asian brothel. Or at least it did when I was there 2 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

WindSock wrote: »
    Ah, heres the thread. I was looking for it earlier and couldn't find it. Karma looks like a cheap Asian brothel. Or at least it did when I was there 2 years ago.

Nah, I was working there then - I wouldn't have charged you for my services :P

Darkeys is great craic with Ballads & cover bands on from Friday through to Sunday.

Just found out that I'm fighting on the 7th and 8th then Yusef Islam the following weekend on the O2.

I love Darkeys and think floating between DK's & Karma would be the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Nah, I was working there then - I wouldn't have charged you for my services :P

As a ladyboy bouncer?

I'd be happy to go to Dublin pubs with character. Like Sunset House :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

i was in the bachelor inn on sunday night and even though its been slightly renovated it still hasnt lost it charm

Wow, I haven't been in there in so many years! My dad used to take me there when I was a kid and he'd be going-a-drinking :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Pick a date folks, all votes from the previous poll have been recorded

Yes - 8
    No- 1
    Yes depending - 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Ah I'm taking the other half away for his birthday that weekend. Sure next time... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Or D8.

Darky's or Karma on Fishamble St are cracking venue's.

I like your idea Easton Sour Dolt.:D
    how about a combo of the two, a real dublin pub is less than 10 minutes away on clanrassil street, kate mc auleys. there is a cracking pint in there too. maybe we could meet there and then head on to darkeys/karma

Never been in Kate McAuleys, what's it like? Looks fierce dodgy from the outside and the last time I walked past it at night there was 3 lads tryin to kick the doors in to get to someone insie, luckily about 20 guards arrived on the scene 2 minutes later.

Bistro on Clanbrassil St, Kate McAuleys and then down to Darkeys/Karma, all within 10 mins of my gaff.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Sat 28th Nov
    I like your idea Makikomi.:D

Never been in Kate McAuleys, what's it like? Looks fierce dodgy from the outside and the last time I walked past it at night there was 3 lads tryin to kick the doors in to get to someone insie, luckily about 20 guards arrived on the scene 2 minutes later.

Bistro on Clanbrassil St, Kate McAuleys and then down to Darkeys/Karma, all within 10 mins of my gaff.:D

its a grand spot, looks can be decieving. the pint is lovely too

Sat 28th Nov
    ill organise a few nibbles wherever we meet up, and some proper veg options for IB

What about up to Crossbar?:D

• Advertisement

Sat 28th Nov
    What about up to Crossbar?:D

no thats a kip:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Sat 28th Nov
    Venue aint that important, its the company that matters!

no thats a kip:pac:

Heard the food is horrible too.:P

Friday the 27th Nov it seems, everyone ok about that?

Sat 28th Nov
    Friday the 27th Nov it seems, everyone ok about that?

seems grand, we should decide on a venue

I'll stick a fresh poll in tomorrow lads.

Yep, the 27th it looks like, nice one, just after pay-day.

Sat 28th Nov
    any ideas on a venue yourself des?

how about the longstone first then up to karma?

any ideas on a venue yourself des?

how about the longstone first then up to karma?

Longstone, the pub at the back of the garda station?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Hoiw about SinE? It gets a lot of recommendations here, big tables at the back for plenty, pitchers of lager for a tenner and only a stroll across the bridge to Karma. It'd also be good to do North and South on the night without the hassle.

Sat 28th Nov
    humberklog wrote: »
    Hoiw about SinE? It gets a lot of recommendations here, big tables at the back for plenty, pitchers of lager for a tenner and only a stroll across the bridge to Karma. It'd also be good to do North and South on the night without the hassle.

sounds like a plan batman, how does everyone feel about that

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Kewl..does that place do platters?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

sounds like a plan batman, how does everyone feel about that

Cool and the gang

SinE, which quay is that on? Ormond is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Sin E would be great... and I don't just mean that because it's only about 2 minutes walk from my place. :pac:

Sat 28th Nov
    yeah seems good, maybe des could edit the poll?

yeah seems good, maybe des could edit the poll?

He could, but he's busy in work, and watching Masterchef at the moment :pac:

Sat 28th Nov
    Des wrote: »
    He could, but he's busy in work, and watching Masterchef at the moment :pac:

he's a lazy get, that fella

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Sat 28th Nov
    All decided then?

Possibly going to be an early night at these beers for myself, on the Saturday a girl I know is having a bit of a gaff party and then about 20 or so of us heading into town for a pub crawl, funds are low enough atm but hopefully with the football season over I'll save up a few bob.:D

• Advertisement

And know I've just realised I probably won't be able to make it at all, completely forgot I'm going to Kasabian on the 27th.:o

Advertisement