Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question on an oil heating boiler

Options
  • 14-10-2009 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Anyone know who I should call out to fix an airlock in my oil heating boiler -- I presume it's not a plumber, am I just looking for a general handyman? It's a pretty quick job to do once you have the tools. Anyone had a similar problem and know someone locally who could help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sparkle*

Try Fred Mohr on 087 3290400. even if he cant do it, he gives you the contact of who can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

It's a relatively simple task on my boiler at least. Do you need oil? Spoke to one of the delivery guys last year and he said he has to clear an airlock on almost every second delivery, due to people running the heating until the oil runs dry.
    One of those guys would clear it for you in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

yeah someone else said that to me about the oil delivery guys. I got the oil delivered yesterday so am going to ring the oil company back in the morning and throw myself on their mercy!

Advertisement