Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIB abandoning ActiveCard

Options
  • 30-08-2009 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

It appears NIB are disposing of the active card "calculator" for online login and verification and moving to an access id "code card" much like AIB.

Seems like a good move to me. I always had to carry the login device around and it wouldn't fit into my wallet. Should be coming into effect within the next few weeks.

Big thumbs up for NIB.:)

https://ebanking.nationalirishbank.ie/html/index.html?site=NINB&secsystem=E2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

NIB has recently announced they are doing away with e-Safekey (no bad thing) but also doing away with their ActiveCard (very similar to RaboDirect's Digipass) and replacing it with an AIB style ready-reckoner code card - talk about a backwards technology move! How can they view this as an improvment??
    We are making some enhancements to our eBanking service. Over the next couple of weeks, we are rolling out an upgrade of National Irish Bank eBanking to all customers.

In the near future, you will have a new log on process called Access ID – making the service we provide more secure than ever. Instead of entering a code from your ActivCard, you will now have a new security card (pictured below).

Your new Access ID will consist of:
    1. A new user ID
    2. A new security card
    3. A new unique password (4-digit PIN)

SecureCard.gif

We will write to you with details of these, over the next few weeks.

What do I need to do?
    At the moment, not a thing. You will receive your new log on details over the next few weeks. In the meantime please continue to use your National Irish Bank eBanking as normal.

Once you have logged on using Access ID, your ActiviCard will no longer be valid. We recommend that you dispose of this through hazardous waste or else drop it into your local branch who will dispose of it on your behalf.

If you have any questions, please call us on 1890 812 007 (outside of Ireland 00353 1 484 3719).

Yours faithfully
    National Irish Bank

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's a shame alright. I preferred the Activcard.

Advertisement