Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Headset Solution

• 14-10-2009 11:37am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi ,

I am looking for some help on the following issue ,

The other half is giving out that I have the TV on at nite time when she is trying to sleep and it keeps waking her !

I was wondering if I get a 3.5m jack and plug it into the headphone section and run the cable back around to a wall plate with a plug in for headphones , will the audio only go off on the TV speakers when I plug the headphones into the wall plate or as soon as I plug the line into the back of the TV.
    (There is an easily accessible void around the room for me to run the wire and have a really nice set of BOSE headphones that I would love to use , so the wireless option is out for me, The face plate is already there with a VGA connection 3.5mm jack and data points )

Cheers for any help .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

Hi ,

I am looking for some help on the following issue ,

The other half is giving out that I have the TV on at nite time when she is trying to sleep and it keeps waking her !

I was wondering if I get a 3.5m jack and plug it into the headphone section and run the cable back around to a wall plate with a plug in for headphones , will the audio only go off on the TV speakers when I plug the headphones into the wall plate or as soon as I plug the line into the back of the TV.
    (There is an easily accessible void around the room for me to run the wire and have a really nice set of BOSE headphones that I would love to use , so the wireless option is out for me, The face plate is already there with a VGA connection 3.5mm jack and data points )

Cheers for any help .

some tvs will cut out the tv speakers when headphones are plugged in. some others (like panasonic) leave the tv speakers on when headphones are plugged in. you have a separate volume control in the menu for the headphone volume.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

big_moe wrote: »
    some tvs will cut out the tv speakers when headphones are plugged in. some others (like panasonic) leave the tv speakers on when headphones are plugged in. you have a separate volume control in the menu for the headphone volume.

Typical , I have 2 two Panasonic's mounted downstairs but the one in the bed room is an LG and it cuts the sound to the speakers as soon as the jack is plugged in .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

does the LG tv have an audio out on the back? it would be two rca sockets coloured red & white. you can buy a small headphone preamp and that would allow you to keep the tv speakers and headphones at the same time

Advertisement