Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question re selling photo's to newspapers

• 14-10-2009 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭

Hi Guy's
    I took some pictures of Brian Lenihan(Minister for Finance) opening an astroturf pitch on saturday. got one great shot in particular of him holding a scissors(quite apt me thinks) just wondering how I should best go about selling this image to the papers. I've put an embedded watermark on the image in photoshop and was going to email it to all the main papers. just wondering what kind of price i should be looking for and if i should sell the image itself or just the copyright

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Would imagine is a bit late now tbh, but if you do send it make sure you remove the watermark and outline in a mail that there will be a charge and ask for their rates.

Any time I have sent pics to papers i have sent first, told them I will be charging and have had a 100% sucess rate at getting paid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Would imagine is a bit late now tbh, but if you do send it make sure you remove the watermark and outline in a mail that there will be a charge and ask for their rates.

Any time I have sent pics to papers i have sent first, told them I will be charging and have had a 100% sucess rate at getting paid!

Hey Fergus,

How does that work if you send it to more than one paper, I'd imagine the indo and examiner wouldn't want to illustrate a story with the exact same picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I have to agree there. You should have sent the image the day you took the photo. Otherwise, it becomes old news.

Most papers have a set rate they pay for images. Ask the papers for their rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Would imagine is a bit late now tbh,

It's not really in any context its just a pic of him standing saying a few words before he cut the ribbon. its that fact that he's holding a scissors and the budget is coming up that i reckon the papers will be interested in having it as a stock photo

Ive tried a few email address for the indo and the herald but i keep getting delivery failure notices

Well if you only have one picture send it to them all, just send to yourself and BCC the different papers.

Block G Raptor? Whats that all about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

try some of the local/regional papers as they can be a weekly print, they may have already gone to print.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Ive tried a few email address for the indo and the herald but i keep getting delivery failure notices

I've had this problem before too, a list of working email addresses would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Block G Raptor? Whats that all about?

Block G in the Jodi stand me thinks

Block G

Was thinking that meself, imagine looking for advice with a username like that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Block G in the Jodi stand me thinks

Give that man a can of coke....... got it in 1

• Advertisement
Advertisement