Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, What Do You Want From Rock Band 3?

Options
  • 14-10-2009 12:01pm
    Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭

Rock Band 3 has had some point been confirmed, but that's about all. No details, nothing. If you were the lead designer with ever possible decision regarding the game and it's insturments open to you, what would you put into it?

Firstly, I'd like to see Rock Band 2 exportable obviously, hopefully in full. It'd be nice to see the new instruments relesed in Europe. I think the drum trainer and freestyle were cool, it might be cool to put in a similar feature for guitar, kinda like the cheat screen on GH3 (funnily enough, the most entertaining part of that game :rolleyes:). Local leaderboards alá GH2, where scores from career show up along side scores from quickplay, and if high scores in career could show up on the wuickplay menu, that'd be nice too.

I've more, but I'd like to hear ye're ideas first!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Expert+ for drums,the only thing in guitar hero that I actually like.
    Other than that I can't think of any huge updates,just more stats and if the made breakneck speed modifiable via the pause screen and if each player could turn it on/off for their chart.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yes, breakneck speed on all or none is annoying. Expert+ would be nice, but I can't double bass for poop, I have 'em on real drums, and I just can't get into it. Bringing back the stat breakdown would also be nice, even if it was only a single player thing.

I've been meaning to make this thread for months now, and I was reminded every time one thing happened in RB, and now I went and made the thread without actually talking about that one thing!!

[rant]
    ANIMATIONS. I don't mean the animations of the characters in general, I'm talking the stupid animation continuity issues Rock Band 1 and 2 have. My word, if I have to watch that stupid thing where the singer jumps into the crowd one second, and then switch camera, he's back on stage walking around the place, or another personal favourite, the back to back singing of the singer and guitar player, and then camera switches and they're magically on opposite ends of the stage I'm going to murder my screen. It breaks up the flow, and really annoys me. Surely I'm not the only one noticed this?!

[/rant]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

Live leaderboards like TB:RB with new star scoring is a must.
    Vocalist in your band or in quickplay is swapped out on the fly depending on the gender of the vocalist of the playing song.
    Countdown timer just like GH5, TB:RB
    Harmonies from TB:RB and improved vocal system from GH5.
    Ability to save hyperspeed and more hyperspeed settings like GH5.
    Independent (hyper)speed settings per local player; drummer on regular speed, guitar on 2x hyper speed & bass on 1x hyperspeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Reckon we'll be seeing another band title before we see RB3 and my money on hopes are on Rock Band :
    Led Zeppelin

Most of the stuff i want from it are minor tweaks, really. I have no interest in seeing vocal harmonies etc which i think will get put in.

I'd like to see some tweaks to the stats and scores , like being told when you beat your high score, and stats like play count would be nice.

Also voice searching for songs would be cool, but not necessary.

One thing I really actually do want to see is if you play left handed its reflected on screen :rolleyes: like play as paul in the beatles :D

I though i was going to get that in GH5 by play as Kurt Cobain but i you play as him he suddenly becomes right handed :mad:

Hopefully (though i cant see it) this content filter being deployed in Lego RB will mean that songs will stop getting censored.

Importing the entire back catalog!!!!! as it stands i think it possible to have 180 or so songs in RB2 (RB1+2, AC/DC, Song Pack 2) before you add the 45 from lego and any dlc , then add at least 80 from a new title thats well over 300 songs :eek: I'm still comming across songs I had totally forgotten about as it is thanks to the unplayed sort feature from the last update :D

No sure how the rest of you guys play online, mostly i sub in somes band and do the tour mode and use quickplay by myself. Dont bother with the other online stuff. I like the tour set up so would be happy if it stayed the same but really I'd like to see it built upon, the 3 song make/mystery sets are great for online imo.

There's a bunch i cant think of right know , I was only thinking of starting a thread like this the other evening :D

Ah i liked that in the Beatles where it told you yor rank after the song!!!

As for the breakneck speed , there is a reason its all or none.........
    motion sickness
    :D I kid you not. It would be very distracting if it was mixed i think.

• Advertisement

Well, if you're playing a medium player and you're on expert, don't the tracks move at different speeds? Never distracted me before. Some nice ideas there, I especially like the vocal finding of songs, play count stat. What is the improved vocal system ongarite? Unrelated, a way for vox players to turn on their overdrive whenever they wanted would be cool.

Would RB:LZ really work? I'm not a huge fan of their work (not to say I don't like them, I just don't worship the ground they walk on)

Well RB:LZ would be a lot better than the mumblings i've seen for RB:U2 :eek:

The vocal over drive is a big one i think, do the vocal overdrive patterns match the drums??? If i'm in a band im always watching for the drummer to activate but haven't played vocals in a band in ages.

Not sure. Not sure of the alternatives either, perhaps tapping on the top of the mic or something. It's just there are some songs which have huge gaps between opportunities to turn on OD.

RB:U2 would suck, and I stand by that assumption. I actually would lose a lot of respect for Harmonix on that one. I'd love RB:Rush but there's already so much Rush content, you have to wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

There's nothing major I'd want from RB3 just little niggly things, most of which have already been mentioned eg. swapping the singer based on the gender of the original vocalist.

There is one little thing I'd like and that's for the money you earn in Tour mode to be a shared pool for all of your characters. It'd make outfitting the extra band members a bit easier.

Very true Greyjoy, colour coordinating "The Question Marks?" was like OH MY GOD, such a pain?! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

Clearer HOPOs. For the love of God.

Also, the guitar design of various songs on RB can be pretty underwhelming compared to GH. I like to see some more attention paid to the fundamentals and less coasting on having a better library.

Clearer HOPOs. For the love of God.

Also, the guitar design of various songs on RB can be pretty underwhelming compared to GH. I like to see some more attention paid to the fundamentals and less coasting on having a better library.

Agreed, although it has to be said they have done the charts up somewhat based on what i;ve seen on some of the DLC i have, some good example of variety that come to mind are "power of equality" by Red Hot Chilies and dont laugh one of the maroon 5 tracks who's name escapes me, there's many others but those immediately came to mind.

Don't find the HOPO's an issue myself but they definitely are not as clear as GH.

Underwhelming in what way Lame Lantern? Underwhelming in that random notes aren't added in for difficulty sake? Cause you can keep that lark!

And agree with Calex, never had an issue with HOPO notes, they're perfectly visible
    (on my big arse HD tv. :P)

I use a 14" sdtv and have never had a problem with hopos in RB2.

does anyone know how well that built in guitar lag finder works? It's the RB2 guitar. After a lot of tweaking I got the lag to a minimum, but it was a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Underwhelming in what way Lame Lantern? Underwhelming in that random notes aren't added in for difficulty sake? Cause you can keep that lark!
    (on my big arse HD tv. :P)
    Quite the opposite, actually. GH pathing is often extremely satisfying at the highest difficulty while in RB there are often a lot of arbitrary and counterintuitive transitions.

Examples? I've always enjoyed RB charting myself, i'm genuinely interested to know what it is you dislike.

Gh5 was fine they seem to have ironed out the the issues, but GH world tour was seriously over charted on expert, you would be expected to hit notes that just didnt exist in the song. Especially annoying if you know the song well before playing or play it on a real instrument i found.

The only lag issue i had was when i first played the games and was asked to calibrate, so I did. After a bit of "how the **** did I miss that......" I reset to defaults, I've used both pc monitor with my vga cable and a 26" with the component connection. Maybe issue is more prevalent on larger displays :confused:

Edit: having said that though One thing that to me comes to mind to support Lame lanterns case however, is the song lazy eye by silver sun pickups that charting on GH is much more like the real thing and rock bands is most definitely "counterintuitive" on that one. ever long is another one that comes to mind for the same reason.

Off the top of my head does that go green green red/blue chord, green green red/blue chord really fast. Something like that? I really like those patterns. Stretches the fingers. I know where you're coming from though... I always thought they should represent open string sections like that as a line that you strum pressing no buttons. Would work well in "damnation game" as well

I always thought they should represent open string sections like that as a line that you strum pressing no buttons

Some one has never played bass in guitar hero ;)

It's the one thing I'd love them to steal and then when they do we'll all just pretend that rock band had it first :D

Oh I thought of something else I'd like, an option to disable hearing the fools that use the effects switch online as it's really distracting, also maybe have more use of it if it was implemented properly, and use it for example like that guy from rage against the machine lol

• Advertisement

I've had that idea for years Calex, Activision aer in maa head! Seriously though!

Using the effects switch would be a good idea. Perhaps a pedal (even a drum pedal) for wah-wah, or better still, as I remember Cedom suggesting a long time ago on this forum, for turning on overdrive. The tilting guitar is getting seriously old, and I will not accept a button to do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I'd like to see FPS elements added. That fooking ringo starr......bam!

"Peace and Love, peace and love"

I've already bags-ed the first Rock Band crossover as Harmonix vs Capcom. It's going to be awesome. :p Back on topic though :)

I remember Cedom suggesting a long time ago on this forum, for turning on overdrive. The tilting guitar is getting seriously old, and I will not accept a button to do the job.

Didnt the Xplorer have an rj11 port on it ? Might have been for a pedal that never happened, but nice to get a pedal accessory , for overdrive and whammy. Imagine hitting that bad boy at the start of a big chorus :D

Was thinking it would be cool to have a kind of juke box function , where you just select a playlist and and let it play. Also mosh pits we need mosh pits!!!!!!

Speaking of play lists , savable playlists like GH5 has now :rolleyes:

That would be a great little addition. I suppose when Neversoft release a majillion GH games, they had to eventually get something right!

Here's another thing that needs some work. The CROWD. Honestly, I'm getting sick of the same 4 people copied and pasted. It's not like they're extremely detailed, it'd nice if they sketched up like 50 models and scattered them around. How is GH5's crowd?

Here's another thing that needs some work. The CROWD. Honestly, I'm getting sick of the same 4 people copied and pasted. It's not like they're extremely detailed, it'd nice if they sketched up like 50 models and scattered them around. How is GH5's crowd?

Did i say earlier in the thread about this ? Maybe not even if i did ill say it again............ Mosh Pits LOTS of mosh pits are needed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Pink Floyd! Comfortably Numb or Money would be awesome. I'd love to see Dogs, only because it's 17 minutes long! But yeah, if Pink Floyd were on it, it'd be the greatest game ever.

• Advertisement

Oh, yeah, that's be fairly sexual alright... "high hopes"'d be cool, or "hey you"... *wets pants*

Advertisement