Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 765 - Custom Avoidance

Options
  • 14-10-2009 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Sorry if this has been done before but search is broken.
    Does anyone know if I can set up custom avoidance on my Nuvi.

I want to avoid it routing past the new bus gate on College green in Dublin, as I am pretty sure the wife will sail straight through it if she's routed that way.

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Is there no way of doing this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I don't think this is possible on a 765. I know for a fact, that you can do this with the 8xx series, as I've played with the 865T.

From the Where to? View Map page, touch Tools.
    Touch Settings - Navigation - Avoidances.
    Touch the down arrow unil you see Custom Avoids.
    Touch Custom Avoids - Add New Avoid Area or Add New Avoid Road.
    Select your avoidances.

That's how to do it with the 865, but, as I said, I don't think it works with the 765.

Actually, I think this can be done on the 5000 series as well, but I don't know anyone who has one??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

This would be quite a handy feature. Does the 8XX series have all the features and more of the 765 would you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

The Garmin 765T sells for £180, and the 865T for £340 on amazon uk. Big price difference!

765T link

865T link

The 865 also comes with Voice Control & Lane Assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ouch! That's a fair difference alright! Thanks again for the info!

• Advertisement
Advertisement