Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Away-end in football

• 14-10-2009 12:13pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Link

A freind reckons its like Dundalk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I'm from dundalk , support dundalk and its terrible for away fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dalyer.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Worst away section in LoI is without a doubt Limerick.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

stovelid wrote: »
    dalyer.jpg

A picture paints a thousand words - but not in this case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Dundalk, there isn't really an away section in Limerick. And at least you can get food from a van there and not out of a box :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

sure its in poland,what do ya expect with their hooligan problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Finn Harps is pretty bad too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

In the EPL it has to be Fratton Park without any doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Worst away section in LoI is without a doubt Limerick.
    curry-muff wrote: »
    Finn Harps is pretty bad too

+1 especially when it's raining (which seems to be everytime Shels play up in Donegal). Brays away section is pretty crap aswell.

**An Irish EPL fans response to the worse away section**
    Worst away section has to be up the front of Murrays on O'Connell St, it's a shocking place to watch a match and without a doubt the worse place for away fans to go when the big clubs are playing (in England).!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Good man Gav.:D

I'm surprised actually. A thread about the state of LOI grounds and United Pk hasn't even been mentioned yet! Dundalk is pretty miserable at times but the Connaught St end takes the biscuit for me. I also always hated how they threw the away fans into the corner in Cork. Its not as if theres a lack of space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

that link is priceless.

Agree about Turners Cross too. there loads room why not put them somewhere decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

pats been in the new roofed st annes end last we there, not a bad spot tbh

i love playing in cork its like gauranteed 6 points :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

My worst memory of any ground is Macclesfield in 1998, one of my first away games, absolutely pissing it down and the mud was dripping from the tin roof onto our heads all night in huge splashes. It was filthy, stank of píss and just generally unsafe, but luckily we won 1-0 so not all bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Richmond's shed end is god awful. Bestg craic I've had at an away ground though :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,932 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Went to the Goldstone Ground (Brighton's old ground) in the 1982/3 season and it was without doubt the worst ground for away fans I have ever come across in the English top league. They were the days of standing and we were crammed into a corner (far too many fans for the space). The police searches delayed our entry into the ground (we did not get in until 15 minutes into the match). I am 6' 2" and I could not see a large part of the pitch because of the heads of fans and other obstructions. We had travelled for 8 hours in a coach to get there and then endured the most miserable 1-0 defeat you could imagine.

Fortunately we beat them in the Cup Final that season, Brighton were also relegated to the lower reaches of English football, and the Goldstone Ground was eventually sold and redeveloped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

fh041205 wrote: »
    Good man Gav.:D

I'm surprised actually. A thread about the state of LOI grounds and United Pk hasn't even been mentioned yet! Dundalk is pretty miserable at times but the Connaught St end takes the biscuit for me. I also always hated how they threw the away fans into the corner in Cork. Its not as if theres a lack of space.

Thanking you sir.;)

I think every away fan loves United Park as the away section is class imo, great sound, terraced, etc...

Advertisement