Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Function Rooms in Lucan?

Options
  • 14-10-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

Can anyone from the area help with this? I am hoping that there are pubs in the area with a function room of some sort but seeing as how I don't know the area I don't know which pubs might have one :cool:

I know that the Spa Hotel has a room and will call them but can anyone help with pubs please :D ?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭dub0605

Depends on how many people you are having!!!

Spa Hotel do have function rooms (they have a little room and a newly done up ballroom which is amazing)

Foxhunter and Kennys also have function rooms. Finnstown might be an option too and maybe the lord lucan.

Cant think of anywhere else at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

dub0605 wrote: »
    Depends on how many people you are having!!!

Spa Hotel do have function rooms (they have a little room and a newly done up ballroom which is amazing)

Foxhunter and Kennys also have function rooms. Finnstown might be an option too and maybe the lord lucan.
    Cant think of anywhere else at the moment.
    Plus One on Lord Lucan! Sooner go there than Finnstown tbh. Cheaper too iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I was last in the function room in the Foxhunter about 10 years ago for a friend's 21st. It was absolutely fine for a 21st. Don't know what it's like now.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Westmanstown has a nice function room with views over the golf course.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

r3nu4l wrote: »
    I was last in the function room in the Foxhunter about 10 years ago for a friend's 21st. It was absolutely fine for a 21st. Don't know what it's like now.

Still the exact same tbh.

I recommend the Lord Lucan too!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Wow thanks everyone! Thought it'd take ages to get any joy :o

It's actually for a weekly meeting (Slimming World) that's starting up soon rather than a large function. I should have said that in the beginning so size isn't so much of an issue. :D

Well so long as this person doesn't run the class it should go okay no matter where you are :)

fatfighters1710_468x386.jpg

You could also try the Lucan library, do they have a meeting room?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

r3nu4l wrote: »
    You could also try the Lucan library, do they have a meeting room?

Yeah,i think they have a room down the back for meetings/study groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Theres a hotel not too far from Lucan, I think it is called the Springfield or something like that.They have a good few function rooms of varying size.
    I was there a few months ago for a family meal after a christening.

kippy wrote: »
    Theres a hotel not too far from Lucan, I think it is called the Springfield or something like that.They have a good few function rooms of varying size.
    I was there a few months ago for a family meal after a christening.

Yep, the Springfield Hotel is not too far from Lucan, on the old Leixlip Road. I've been there a few times myself.

Just thinking about it for a mintue, is a pub/hotel the best place for a slimming group? If the meetings go on a while then the temptation is to buy crisps/peanuts at the bar (well I'd be tempted anyway!) :(

What about the Lucan Presbyterian church in the village? They used to hire out a room to the Irish Wildbird Conservancy years ago for slideshows and evening meetings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement