Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of good sites for 1911a1 grips?

Options
  • 14-10-2009 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good retailers or sites where you can get real or customised grips for the Colt 1911a1? Any help or info would be great!

Cheers
    Renius

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've used the PSFSDINC Bunker on ebay before, very good service. Here are their 1911 listings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Renius

Cheers Lemming that's brilliant! Exactly what i was looking for! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

You could drop The Joker a PM i know he is making some

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Renius wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good retailers or sites where you can get real or customised grips for the Colt 1911a1? Any help or info would be great!

Cheers
    Renius

What type/colour are you looking for Renius?
    I have a few types chequered non chequered, Faux Ivory, black and brown all with colt medallions.
    All made to fit 1911s

Sample Made by meself
    Coltgrips7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Best place thats cheap, with a huge selection is ebay... just enter in search '1911' and theres literally thousands in ANY design...

• Advertisement

You'll get them cheap alright add the P&P then they ain't so cheap, there won't be many with colt emblems on either.
    th_ColtMedallion1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Theres thousands.. and a few with those, but plenty with others... Those look really nice... not a fan of white personally. I tend to go for different looks. theres a huge selection... not sure ive seen ones like those though, But the p&p wasnt so bad really... not for authentic 1911 ones.

Kimberkitty.jpg
    Couldn't help myself when I found those... :rolleyes:

I prefer the brown chequered ones myself altough the ivory effect does look good on a polished/silver pistola
    Still you can't beat the authentic look, and it's nice to have selection too :)

Colt__Chequered.jpg
    th_Coltgrips8.jpg
    th_ColtgripsRosewood.jpg
    th_Grips3.jpg

If I can't find em I make em

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Lovely work joker, very imressive!

Advertisement