Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How can i tell if a bikes restricted

• 14-10-2009 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

lo

i went too see another bandit 600.and what i noticed.on my bandit
    600 at exactly 4000 rpm,the bike does 80kmh.but on the one i looked
    at.At 4000 rpm it was doing just over 65/70kmh.he said it wasnt restricted.
    does any one here have a restricted bandit 600.

Thanks....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

How does it feel i the higher revs? 8k+ ? Thats generally how you'll know - it'll feel like its run out of power

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

AFAIK the biggest sign of a restriction is the lack of a power band. For example on my bike its just after 6K, that's where all the power is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nedned

Sorry lads didnt manage to get that high.road wasnt long enough.theres a race can after being put onto it.would it have to be retuned.43k on the clock.how about a slippy clutch.gear changes seemed smooth enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

nedned wrote: »
    Sorry lads didnt manage to get that high.road wasnt long enough.theres a race can after being put onto it.would it have to be retuned.43k on the clock.how about a slippy clutch.gear changes seemed smooth enough.

Might need to be retuned with a new can alright. An oil change might fix that slippy clutch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

are the sprockets standard on both of them, thats the only way there could be a diff in speed at said revs

• Advertisement

never thought of the sprocket size.must find out.new oil just gone in.

cheers.....

nedned wrote: »
    lo

i went too see another bandit 600.and what i noticed.on my bandit 96-
    600 at exactly 4000 rpm,the bike does 80kph.but on the one i looked
    at.At 4000 rpm it was doing just over 73kph.he said it wasnt restricted.
    does any one here have a restricted bandit 600.

Thanks....

too add-the bandit above that did 73kph.was a 98.i bought a 97-600.
    does the exact speed as the 98.same model and sprockets as my 96.
    did they try to make the bandit more sporty after 96.means i have to
    put a 42 rear sprocket on.to match the revs of the 96.feels the revs
    climb much faster than the speed gained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

KamiKazi wrote: »
    AFAIK the biggest sign of a restriction is the lack of a power band. For example on my bike its just after 6K, that's where all the power is.

There's no difference on the revs of a restricted bandit not under load.

It'll pull up to a ton(160kmph), rate of acceleration will decrease at about 80mph(120kmph-140kmph), but it will keep going until 160kmph and then it'll just stay there, Mines restricted but has a few mods so it'll do slightly higher then 160kmph ;).

but for day to day riding you cant tell the difference unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

guil wrote: »
    are the sprockets standard on both of them, thats the only way there could be a diff in speed at said revs

+1

bandit oiler have one of the best gearboxes around

slippy clutch is either shagged or some idiot put car oil in it instead of bike oil

car oil has stuff in it that a wet plate clutch won't like ( wet clutch is when the clutch sits in oil like on must bikes , dry is when it dosent like on cars some race bikes and things like ducatis)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

My Bandit 600 is restricted, restricters in the carbs, ain't a factory job like some are.

Cert says it'll go to 92mph and it does...no real jumps or even areas on the powerband where it slows much but once it hits 92mph, it drops to about 90, rises again, drops again...It'll sit happily at 89mph hahaha!

In the real world it means nothing really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Fabio wrote: »
    My Bandit 600 is restricted, restricters in the carbs, ain't a factory job like some are.

Cert says it'll go to 92mph and it does...no real jumps or even areas on the powerband where it slows much but once it hits 92mph, it drops to about 90, rises again, drops again...It'll sit happily at 89mph hahaha!

In the real world it means nothing really.

people are always telling me i don't live in the real world :eek:

Advertisement