Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Concrete

Options
  • 14-10-2009 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I apologise in advance if this topic has come up before, but since i can't search,and a quick trawl didn't come up with anything, I'm chancing it.

I hve quite a large area of concrete out the back that really needs cleaning, it is quite black. Are there any products you guys would recommend, or is power washing the only way to go.:confused:
    I'd like something that would slow the return of the blackness. I know it's the low light levels and the wet sponge of a County I live in! You should see the moss!!:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Get some chlorine granules, Pool supplies usually have it.
    Wet the surface and sprinkle the granules on. Brush the area so they are ditributed evenly and leave for an hour or so.
    This will remove all the algal growth.
    To prevent it reoccuring is hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Jeyes fluid is good for killing moss and smells good! Bloody expensive though. Mix with water and apply by knapsack sprayer, powerwash when the moss and algae are dead.

Advertisement