Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky1 confirms Michael Jackson séance

Options
  • 14-10-2009 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I want to know your opinions on this. is it a good idea?
    What do you think will happen?

Cheers

Tallon

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a181956/sky1-confirms-michael-jackson-seance.html

Psychic medium Derek Acorah will attempt to contact Michael Jackson in a live séance on Sky1.

Two newly commissioned shows, Michael Jackson: The Live Séance and Michael Jackson: The Search For His Spirit, will air in November.

June Sarpong will host the events, which aim to give fans "a final chance to connect with their hero". The séance will apparently take place at a secret location which was once inhabited by the 'Thriller' popstar.

"There is an insatiable appetite to find out more about Michael Jackson. He was an extraordinary figure and the curiosity surrounding his life - and his death - stretches well beyond fans of his music," said Sky1 director of programmes Stuart Murphy.

"These programmes will explore whether it is possible to make contact with Michael and will seek to give his fans new insight into their idol."

Former T4 presenter Sarpong added: "I think viewers will find this programme intriguing and will want to tune in to see what happens. It's the first time I've done anything like this but I'm open minded and can't wait to see what Derek uncovers."

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Is that site reliable? Cos that sounds far fetched. :)

Its likely to be a completely stupid piece of crud. A medium cant at the best of times guarantee to contact someone, famous or not. And Derek Acorah doesnt exactly have a clean rap sheet when it comes to tv mediumship.

Its Sky1 jumping on the MJ publicity bandwagon. Avoid at all costs, Id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Thats what im wondering. Is it BS? Sky1 love Derek and they'll do anything for some ratings, especially when it has to do with MJ

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

I used to like Derek. Then I found out he was a fake. As much as I love MJ, I will not be watching this farce!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

From the first time I ever saw Derek on tv, I did not trust what he was saying, and I am a believer in these matters. He comes across as condescending IMHO. I hadn't heard that he was a fake, prior to in this thread, but my gut instinct was that he was not to be trusted.

Personally, I would feel it is too soon to try and contact him - not saying he would not come through, but I personally feel a minimum of six months should be given before trying to contact a specific spirit, whether someone known to you (ie family/friend etc, or someone unknown to you). I also feel, it is wrong to try to contact someone who has passed on, just because of their fame - if a spirit wants to come through, I personally trust that they will to come through themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

It's true. Sky confirmed it.

I first learned about it on Derren Brown's blog, and he said
    Can you honestly imagine anything – anything – more anus-invertingly unpalatable than this? I hate myself for drawing attention to it. “The shows were ordered by Sky 1 HD commissioning editor Clare Hollywood, who will also executive produce. Steve Regan and Melanie Leach exec produce for Twofour.” And we salute them for it.
    So proud to be in telly.

Once again, he quotes from the truth :)

But bac to Acorah...wasn't he outted as a fake on Most Haunted a couple of years ago?!

Sky will air feckin' anything :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

Thats awful, I dont know if i believe people can contact the dead or whatevere, but lets say the can, why dont the just leave him alone,
    Dont know how his family are letting this happen like

It's true. Sky confirmed it.

I first learned about it on Derren Brown's blog, and he said

But bac to Acorah...wasn't he outted as a fake on Most Haunted a couple of years ago?!

By this statement Derren is saying that Derick was outed as a fake , meaning there are real Psychics out there :eek:

Still , sounds like a crappy show anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

I'll watch it for the craic.

Sky are comedy geniuses and so is that fake medium. He knows well it's all in the name of entertainment.

And it's not the sickest thing I've seen done cashing in on MJ's death. The Bo Selecta special was so bad I turned it off.

And I'm a fan of Bo Selecta and South Park.

All that stuff with feelings put to one side for the sake of comedy. But for some reason the Bo Selecta episode left me feeling a bit off.

This Sky1 show could be the same. But I'll give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭poster

I have posted to my blog..... copied and pasted it here

Michael Jackson Séance

I have come across the following press release relating to a séance that is being held by Sky TV in order to connect with the spirit of Michael Jackson and relay information to his fans:
    “Sky1 has commissioned a two-part special on the late Michael Jackson, featuring psychic medium Derek Acorah as he attempts to make contact with the recently passed King of Pop.
    Presented by June Sarpong, the hour-long specials Michael Jackson: The Live Séance and Michael Jackson: The Search for His Spirit are set for broadcast in November. Michael Jackson: The Search for His Spirit delves into both Jackson’s psyche and inspirations, previewing some of the tactics and triggers that will feature in the séance. Sarpong will be joined by psychic Bobby Marchesso and close friends of Jackson, including Ian Halperin, author of the Michael Jackson biography Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson, Thriller video co-star Ola Ray and spiritual healer Reverend June Gatlin. In Michael Jackson: The Live Séance, Acorah will attempt to contact the music legend from a secret location familiar to, and previously inhabited by, Jackson.
    “Stuart Murphy, the director of programs at Sky1 HD, Sky1, Sky2 and Sky 3, commented: “There is an insatiable appetite to find out more about Michael Jackson. He was an extraordinary figure and the curiosity surrounding his life—and his death—stretches well beyond fans of his music. These programs will explore whether it is possible to make contact with Michael and will seek to give his fans new insight into their idol.”
    Sarpong said: “I’ve always been a huge Michael Jackson fan, he truly was the King of Pop, and I was shocked and saddened by his sudden death. I think viewers will find this programme intriguing and will want to tune in to see what happens. It’s the first time I’ve done anything like this but I’m open minded and can’t wait to see what Derek uncovers.”
    Article By Kristin Brzoznowski – ends
    As someone who helps people connect with the spirit of bereaved loved ones on a daily basis this seems a curious event to hold in the current format.
    Yes a psychic medium can connect with anyone who has passed to the spirit world, but when I connect with a spirit I sometimes use a photo of the person in order to connect to their energy and I also do it in the presence of some0ne who was close to them so there is also a natural connection there.
    Whilst the Sky TV programme does intend to host the seance in a former house of Michael Jackson they do not appear to have anyone involved who was close family member or friend of Michael. This is vital when connecting with such a high profile figure because you need to access information that is not out in the public domain and there needs to someone there who can verify the specific information that comes through so close family or friends who know the person need to be involved, otherwise people will just think you obtained all your information from a simple Google search.
    Michael Jackson has passed to spirit world like anyone else who has died, but the thing to be mindful of is why would he connect with Derek in order to send messages to a group of strangers? If your grandmother passed to the spirit world why would she come back and give information through a medium to someone who doesn’t know her, because the information simply wouldn’t make sense to them, this is the reason for close family or friends input to the process. So, if Michael does connect through a psychic medium it will be in the presence of family member or friend so that he can pass message to them.
    The same applies in the case of Michael Jackson: if there is no close family member or friend there who can verify information that is not out in the public domain then this will all be in vein. To me Michael was a very intelligent individual who was not easily understand, a complex loving individual who had his own childhood issues that left him with a long term feel of insecurity. I would think at this stage the family would want to get on with things and would not appreciate people looking to get more personal information. Although I understand the huge following and love for Michael all over the world the people still grieving his death are not only his family but his fans too.
    I have recently connected with a well known Irish personality (for confidentiality reasons I cannot disclose who), this connection was made with a close friend of their’s and they could verify the details of the information that has never been in the public arena, so without this the séance won’t work.
    I wish Derek all the best with the séance.
    Ends

www.tomcolton.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I can't wait for the seance on Friday night - Michael Jackson will talk with a Liverpool accent. Every dead person who takes over Derek's body speaks with a Liverpool accent actually. Very strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

poster wrote: »
    Michael Jackson has passed to spirit world like anyone else who has died, but the thing to be mindful of is why would he connect with Derek in order to send messages to a group of strangers?

Because it's on tele of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

dear god that was car crash tv at its worst!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Blackie93

Missed it :(
    id say it was a good laugh.
    did anything happen in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

That was utter rubbish... I actully feel really bad for all the people involved.
    have they got no shame? And would ya one brush her god dam teeth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Steviemak

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

well.. i stumbled across that n watched it. btw WHY are some people here questioning was that real? David Acorah is a comic genius its hardly a revelation by now is it. the hat comment, nobody laugh out loud then?! sad thing is he has MANY believers.. n i think the irish girl went into that actually believing it; WHAT a naive idiot.

anyone else who is questioning whether that was geniune, go to Knock it has been reported the sun danced in the sky. and if evangelists ever touch down here, it's all because of these 'open minded' types n then i'll have reason to break out my devil music again. grow up folks / get a brain

- hey you know the funniest thing.. David Guest was there. straight face or not; good buddy of michael's proves jacko had no friends. or just fruit loops.. was really funny anyhow, loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lily_white08

Complete and utter roooo-bish!

Cannot believe I actually watched this to the end. When I saw the guys dressed up I nearly thought it was all a comedy sketch!

Oh, and somebody really needs to introduce the girl to a hairbrush, new make-up and a toothbrush!!:P

Advertisement