Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 09 Anime

Options
  • 14-10-2009 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

So, the autumn/fall anime releases have been announced:
    http://chartfag.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/fall-2009-v3-export1.jpg

Seems I'm gonna be watching sequels all season

Asurya Cryin' 2 looks good, but I suppose I should wait til I finish season 1 before plopping into that

Darker Than Black is a no brainer watch too.

Anyone seen the 1st eps so far, and got any suggestions? Letter bee looks interesting, specifically, but it might also be absolute crap

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

cheers for that. not much interesting there though imo

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Kūchū Buranko is meant to be the best one out.

I'm still going through the summer ones though, so I won't have any reccomendations til november :(

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Watched Kūchū Buranko the other night. I'm still sideways on what to think about it though, still it's early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Watching fairy tale at the moment. It is a stock shonen series, but quite fun all the same, funny in parts with a great soundtrack. It is heavily influenced by one piece though.

Sasameki Koto is amazing, best thing this season by a mile, that i have seen at least. Only reason not to watch it is if a bit of girl on girl freaks you out :P.

Haven't watched anything else passed the first episode so would not recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Watched a little bit of Fairy Tale. Seems like it follows the shounen formula to the letter, yet unlike other shows, *cough* Busou Renkin *cough* seems to remain entertaining regardless.

The artist does like to borrow liberally from other shounens though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

New darker than black is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

better than the 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Need to watch more, I loved the 1st season, but it is good so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rew0453

HaHA! I have already seen the great thing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

The sacred blacksmith is well worth watching if you like a deep plot, with fantastic animation.
    Fairy Tail is good too but the Fairy Tail manga is better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

gearoidof wrote: »
    better than the 1st?

I would say its on par with the first, once the plot starts rolling.Right about ep 9 or so I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

first 4-5 eps of darker than black s2 were fairly awesome, but I stopped watching so that I can watch it in a few big clumps like I did with s1. There've been a few changes I'm not particularly happy with, but I suppose they couldn't jsut make a carbon copy of the first season.

Advertisement