Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Socs?(and blackboard issue)

Options
  • 14-10-2009 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey, Im doing a distance learning programme in UCD, missed out on signing up to socs...I think... whats the plan of action to do so?

Another thing, blacboard, why won't it let me upload assignments through mozilla saved through open office as word docs?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

AnthonyC wrote: »
    Another thing, blacboard, why won't it let me upload assignments through mozilla saved through open office as word docs?
    If you look at the forum, you'll see that Blackboard has had some major issues over the last day, so your problem might be related to that. A bit of advice about asking for technical support: you will always be asked about what IS happening, rather than what IS NOT happening. So, instead of telling us "it doesn't work", how about telling us what you did, and what the results were? If you get an error message of any sort, write it down and give it when asking for help.

For example, how do you know that your problem is related to OpenOffice? Did you see something that leads you to think that's the problem? If so, can you open the document through Word on a UCD computer, re-save it, and submit it? Do you need to be told to try that?

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Just e-mail the current auditor of the society and they'd be happy to sign you up.

Blackboard doesn't really like firefox/mozilla so you might have to try chrome or opera, failing that resort to IE. Also I'd be careful about .docs coming out of open office, have someone check them with Word first to see if the formatting etc is coming out properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 king of kings 1

in relation to assignments i submiited mine on sunday but today it showed the submission thing as if i hadnt submitted anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

They warn you at the start of your course usually that blackboard is designed for use with Internet Explorer. Best of just sticking with that. Its the same with online exams, they tell you to use Internet Explorer cause the answers wont submit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

They warn you at the start of your course usually that blackboard is designed for use with Internet Explorer. Best of just sticking with that. Its the same with online exams, they tell you to use Internet Explorer cause the answers wont submit

According to admin Firefox is the antichrist :rolleyes:
    just stick to Internet Explorer and you should be better served (in the Monopoly!) -we really should report admin to the anti-monopoly board thingy people :p

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Of course UCD could have bought a standards-compliant system that wasn't tied into one browser, but that would require brains on admins part.... :rolleyes:

Advertisement