Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White Runners

• 14-10-2009 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Do you prefer shoes or white runners on a fella?
    I love white runners, especially Lacoste and wear them with everything.
    I think runners look much better with jeans than shoes. Plus nowadays very few places will turn you away for wearing them.
    What do the ladys's think??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I definitely prefer shoes or con's maybe, never liked the white runners look to be honest - it can make a great outfit look really cheap in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

White runners should be left to the English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I'm with G86, I much prefer the likes of converse or vans over either shoes or runners. I think runners are for running! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I'm with the OP. I wear Lacoste runners on nights out all the time. Most weekends I'm just going to the pub and then D2/Diceys/Coppers so I'm usually wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Shoes wouldn't look right IMO so I wear white runners. I've never had one problem getting in anywhere or anything like that. I would only wear shoes if I was in a shirt and slacks, going to something more formal (like my Christmas due for work).

I have a pair of Converse that I got before the Summer but haven't worn once :( I like Vans too, I'm thinking of getting a pair soon!

Still, no matter what shoes I want, Lacoste have always come first. I can't really explain why but I always have to have a pair of the latest Lacoste runners before I get anything else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I'm loving the Asics Onitsuka Tigers - going to get a pair in white with the red and blue logo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Personally I think the white runners phase has come and gone. If the venue is fairly posh I'd wear black or brown shoes, though I prefer not to as it doesn't match up as well with my outfit as plimsolls would. I really hate the RI/Topman plimsoles however, they look like they've been hacked together with two bits of material and don't get me started on the ones with tiny illuminous laces, tacky muck. I have 3 pairs of these Diesel plimsolls in different colours, love them, very comfy:

image1xl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

jerry_seinfeld_podcast_0928.jpg

Advertisement