Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to go?

• 14-10-2009 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Doing a photography course at the moment which i adore, however my old finepix S6500 just isn't doing what i want it to do anymore and im looking to upgrade and get a really good canon digital SLR,

I'm willing to spend a good bit of money for a really good one that will last for years,
    but i dunno where to go about finding one where i wont get ripped off?

with the body and lense sold together,

can anyone help me?

Anouska

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Koushki wrote: »
    Doing a photography course at the moment which i adore, however my old finepix S6500 just isn't doing what i want it to do anymore and im looking to upgrade and get a really good canon digital SLR,

I'm willing to spend a good bit of money for a really good one that will last for years,
    but i dunno where to go about finding one where i wont get ripped off?

with the body and lense sold together,

can anyone help me?

Anouska

I'd look at the 450d or 500d and work from there
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos500d/

the 450d being the older model is bit cheaper, but less features
    seems to be a canon offer to get 65€ back on the 450d, 40d, 1000d
    details on right of this page
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/735885/art/canon/eos-450d-ef-s-18-55-is-le.html

Would check online prices on amazon, pixmania, argos.ie to get an idea of the prices. Expect to pay a bit more if buying in a store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

...Which is not for everybody, but I have gotten some great deals there. Bought a nearly new 40D 18 months ago for eu600 , and am delighted with it. Also got a few lenses etc., all at good prices, but caveats apply. I dont like Pixmania....I tried to order something there before & the final price was significantly more expensive than the listed price of the item - they charge for some kind of mandatory 'club' membership or something. Not sure if that has changed.

Advertisement