Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dublin City Recession thread starts here!.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I also don't use professional hair cutters, they never charge me half price for half the work :mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Des wrote: »
    I also don't use professional hair cutters, they never charge me half price for half the work :mad:

yeah he just pays in kind;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

6 pack of burger buns is 2 for €2.50 in centra at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

spoonface wrote: »
    Down past the end of Henry street there's a hairdressers where I get a dry cut for 7 or 8 Euros, which beats most others.

JustCuts on the quay beside the halfpenny bridge do dry cuts for a fiver monday,tuesday and wednesdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Degsy wrote: »
    JustCuts on the quay beside the halfpenny bridge do dry cuts for a fiver monday,tuesday and wednesdays.

do you pay 2.50?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Degsy wrote: »

That Dillons place near H'penny bridge on the south side of river do cuts for a fiver all week.
    Can be a bit hit & miss depending on who u get. All are foreign, so name Dillons seems a bit off! But one of the women is really good, another really isn't and she could do with being introduced to deodorant too. Not nice having to sit thru that for a few mins!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Stevecw wrote: »
    That Dillons place near H'penny bridge on the south side of river do cuts for a fiver all week.
    Can be a bit hit & miss depending on who u get. All are foreign, so name Dillons seems a bit off! But one of the women is really good, another really isn't and she could do with being introduced to deodorant too. Not nice having to sit thru that for a few mins!

Noiice..the staff in justcuts are all pretty good..yer man Phil is the best of them though and friendly with it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

There is a Diesel station on Collins Avenue, between The Malahide Road and Whitehall that I pass every day on the way to work (in my petrol car :( ). Anyway, as of last night it was €1.329/l, which is a fair discount on normal prices. I have never seen it higher than €1.359/l.

For all I know this could be laundered fuel, but there's no denying it's cheap.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

There is a Diesel station on Collins Avenue, between The Malahide Road and Whitehall that I pass every day on the way to work (in my petrol car :( ). Anyway, as of last night it was €1.329/l, which is a fair discount on normal prices. I have never seen it higher than €1.359/l.

For all I know this could be laundered fuel, but there's no denying it's cheap.

From what I've heard that diesel is not fit for purpose.

Genealogy Forum Mod

i was in the camden casket today (both of them). some of their offers are unreal

2 litre milk was €1
    real batch loaf and other types of bread €1

they are also selling newspapers below cost, the star was €1.10 (its usually €1.25) and the indo was below cost as well
    they sell loads of chocolate as well and random household stuff. i was tempted to buy a bar of carbolic soap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭CWone

i was in the camden casket today (both of them). some of their offers are unreal

2 litre milk was €1
    real batch loaf and other types of bread €1

they are also selling newspapers below cost, the star was €1.10 (its usually €1.25) and the indo was below cost as well
    they sell loads of chocolate as well and random household stuff. i was tempted to buy a bar of carbolic soap

Must drop down there so - loooove batch loaf:D. Haven't heard about carbolic soap for a looooong time but from what I remember it has a horrible smell:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

CWone wrote: »
    Must drop down there so - loooove batch loaf:D. Haven't heard about carbolic soap for a looooong time but from what I remember it has a horrible smell:rolleyes:

Carbolic is not a bad smell really. You might be thinking of Wrights Coal Tar Soap - now that's one smelly soap all right!

time to get this going again methinks. the euro shops are selling 2 x 2ltr bottles of club orange for €2. i stocked up on a good fre in rathmines yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Maybe split it into a 2012 thread?

Centra in Fairview have a few cracking deals that I use pretty much all the time;

6 Eggs €1
    2kg Roosters €2
    Volvic 1.5l €1
    4 Bog Rolls €1
    Maxwell House Coffee €2

For haircuts, if you want a professional job and have a student card, the Grafton Barbers are €9 between 9-12 Mon - Fri

im going to keep my eyes peeled for bargains!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

My favourite bargain place for Sunday lunch is Mexico to Rome in Temple Bar. A starter, main course and glass of wine/soft drink for €9.95 (they actually do this lunch deal every day from 12-4, not just Sundays!).

Starters are small enough portions and not a huge choice (garlic bread, nacho chips & salsa, bowl of chilli and one or two other things) but the main courses are massive and there's a great selection. Burgers, burritos, subs, etc.

Considering the cost of two courses and a wine is less than the usual cost of one of their main courses I think it's a great bargain. If you decide to have an extra drink or two, glasses of house wine are only €3 and they've a selection of cocktails for €5.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 Malown

e2 in Dame Street are selling some of their music CDs for €1.

the 99c store on talbot street is closing down, i was in it today they are selling the majority of stuff off at 99c. some really good deals on household toiletries ect....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

the 99c store on talbot street is closing down, i was in it today they are selling the majority of stuff off at 99c. some really good deals on household toiletries ect....

Is it only that shop closing down, or other outlets as well? I think, there's on Patrick Street/Kevin Street as well.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Is it only that shop closing down, or other outlets as well? I think, there's on Patrick Street/Kevin Street as well.

ive no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭str|ct9

Eh, isn't that the point of the store?

str|ct9 wrote: »
    Eh, isn't that the point of the store?

i should have said that stuff that was 99 is ow 2 or 3 for 99c

Advertisement