Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camo burlap

Options
  • 14-10-2009 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Does anyone know were to get some camo burlap for cheap? Looking around the internet but not much luck. Tried ebay but the shipping really kills ya.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

b+q sell stuff that is burlap under a different name fairly cheap then just dye it to the colour ya need then just pull the strands out with a metal comb/brush thats what i did with my ghillie

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭FunkBlaster87

Hmm sounds like missions to me. Ideally i'd like something that is already in a camo pattern. I know that if i dyed it myself i'd get a more authentic pattern but as i said, missions. Cheers for the suggestion though. Might check it out if nothing else comes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SenDog

ASMC.de have burlap look in military equpment>camo equpment fiver per metre not where I got mine but looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Florists are also likely to have plenty of pre dyed material for displays and arangements.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Firekitten wrote: »
    Florists are also likely to have plenty of pre dyed material for displays and arangements.

Oh really?

• Advertisement

Asmc would be ideal but the shipping would cost more than the burlap and on principle alone I couldn't do that. Might go down the B&Q route Andy G recommended. May I ask what dye did you use and where to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

just drop into the local pharmacy and tell them what ya need. normally four or five euro for a bottle/powder and done in about an hour

Cool cheers. Might have a go at this so.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Oh really?
    Burlap, hessian and other organic materials are very regualrly used in flower arangements, you can get hessian in string form from florists and florist suppliers on rolls of different colours... same with burlap strip in the same fashion. Different colours to 'hide' in an arangement and provide support (ie same colour as the stems which vary greatly), or decorative.

Its what I used and still use for my suits. Saves a headache and is roughly the same price.

For dyes... hardware stores and textiles shops tend to carry these fabric dyes, though dont forget to fireproof the suit when finished unless you like your airsofter well done.

Thanks for the heads up firekitten.Not something I would of thought of. How do you fireproof the suit?

• Advertisement

Carefully....

You can get fire retardant powders that mix in water and spray on... make sure its very covered... its not quick to geto ut of, and hessian burns like tissue paper.

Advertisement