Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc digidialer wont send sms

• 14-10-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

hi,
    Ive just installed my first digidialer in my hkc alarm panel. Phoneline is connected and i can do a test call through the menu, my mobile rings and when i answer i get a short beep. All is well there. Now, when i send a test text, it fails. I have my own mobile number set as account number one. I have correct voltage at points a and b. I am using a phoneline with broadband and supplied from BT. Has anyone any ideas? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭altor

philbee wrote: »
    hi,
    Ive just installed my first digidialer in my hkc alarm panel. Phoneline is connected and i can do a test call through the menu, my mobile rings and when i answer i get a short beep. All is well there. Now, when i send a test text, it fails. I have my own mobile number set as account number one. I have correct voltage at points a and b. I am using a phoneline with broadband and supplied from BT. Has anyone any ideas? Thanks in advance

Hi philbee,
    You need to set this up through the text part of the digi modem. From the sounds of what your doing your setting it up in the central station section. Go through the menu and you will find the text section.
    Any problems let me know..

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

hi Altor,
    first off, thanks for the reply. I'm at work at the moment but just to fill you in on what ive done, Ive put in my mobile number and name into the setion 8 on the dmc services menu. I think it allows me to put in 5 in total. when i select test text in the menu i can see the led on the digicard going full red and can hear a relay clicking in, after a short with later i get an orangey/green light on the led for a sec and then it turns off. screen says text failed or something like that.
    Anyway, im setting it up using the modem services menu but the one thing i didnt do is tell it the number of eircoms sms server, do i have to do this? and if i do, where abouts in the menu do i input this info?
    Phil

hi Altor,
    first off, thanks for the reply. I'm at work at the moment but just to fill you in on what ive done, Ive put in my mobile number and name into the setion 8 on the dmc services menu. I think it allows me to put in 5 in total. when i select test text in the menu i can see the led on the digicard going full red and can hear a relay clicking in, after a short with later i get an orangey/green light on the led for a sec and then it turns off. screen says text failed or something like that.
    Anyway, im setting it up using the modem services menu but the one thing i didnt do is tell it the number of eircoms sms server, do i have to do this? and if i do, where abouts in the menu do i input this info?
    Phil

Hi philbee,

These numbers for the sms are already programmed in so dont change them.

This is all you have to do to get it working. What i would do is go into modem service menu first, NUMBER 6 is default modem, select default modem. This will bring the modem back to factory settings for you. it will save you having to change the settings you have already changed :)

Go into sms text menu. Number 8

1. Site name ENTER e.g home alarm.
    3. Text phone numbers ENTER the numbers you want the alarm to text.
    6. Send text test WHICH ever phone you want to test 1-17.

Hope it woks but if not i am always here to help..

hi again,
    I did what you said and it still says call failed after two attempts :(

hi again,
    I did what you said and it still says call failed after two attempts :(

Have you got the phone line in the right way ?

• Advertisement

i only have one phone line going to it and the two wires are going into C and D , i can make a test call and it will ring my mobile no porbs and give a beep when i answer, so , going by this i think its wired correctly, unless its polarity sensitive

i only have one phone line going to it and the two wires are going into C and D , i can make a test call and it will ring my mobile no porbs and give a beep when i answer, so , going by this i think its wired correctly, unless its polarity sensitive

It is A and B the phone line goes into.. If you give your phone line priority which you should be doing it would go back to the phones on C and D..
    You should also have an alarm filter fitted as your broadband may interfere with it as they come down the same cable..
    Hope this helps :D

ive only got the one cable going up to the alarm steel box, i will try using A and B in the morn as the missus will throttle me if i set off the alarm by accident :D . should i just leave C and D empty as i have no return line to the phones?

ive only got the one cable going up to the alarm steel box, i will try using A and B in the morn as the missus will throttle me if i set off the alarm by accident :D . should i just leave C and D empty as i have no return line to the phones?

You dont have much of an option other than run a new phone cable to the alarm but it should work ok for you..
    Any problems let me know..

ok, ive changed the phone wires to A+B and now when i tell it to make a test TEXT message it rings my cell phone, when i answer i can hear a 3 tone alarm but i still get call failed flashing on the hkc keypad and no text.

• Advertisement

ok, ive changed the phone wires to A+B and now when i tell it to make a test TEXT message it rings my cell phone, when i answer i can hear a 3 tone alarm but i still get call failed flashing on the hkc keypad and no text.

It should not be ringing your phone, it should just send you a text. From the sounds of it you are programming it wrong.. Do you have the plug on modem card for the HKC 8/12 panel ?

I have the plug on card, neatly fitted and held correctly in place with the plastic support clips. im following the steps in the manual closely. the led on the card is doing exactly what is should be ie. relay onboard activates ,orange led turns on and after a few secs it blinks about 7 times and then a few secs later it truns green for about one sec confirming successful transmisson of the message.
    I rang BT about it, as im a customer of theirs, and they told me about the different service numbers they use but its not related to my prob.
    do you think it might be related to the probs a few people have with sending texts from and to their house phones? I've seen a few posts from people in ireland sending text messages through the house phone and the mobile they send it to rings :confused:

I have the plug on card, neatly fitted and held correctly in place with the plastic support clips. im following the steps in the manual closely. the led on the card is doing exactly what is should be ie. relay onboard activates ,orange led turns on and after a few secs it blinks about 7 times and then a few secs later it truns green for about one sec confirming successful transmisson of the message.
    I rang BT about it, as im a customer of theirs, and they told me about the different service numbers they use but its not related to my prob.
    do you think it might be related to the probs a few people have with sending texts from and to their house phones? I've seen a few posts from people in ireland sending text messages through the house phone and the mobile they send it to rings :confused:

Did you default the modem card before you had another go at programming the text ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Your best bet is to default the digi and start again. You mentioned programming your number in to account one. This is for central station numbers and not mobile text numbers

Hi philbee,

Did you get the text modem working ?

Fraid not, i went through the defaulting the modem card and setting up again a few times but no joy. I was talking to my brother in law, he said he had the same problem installing one before and he told me my prob was that i'm with BT and not Eircom. I was going to ring HKC and ask them about this.
    I got your pm and thanks for the offer, i didnt want to bother you too much about this but i may just have to :o
    phil.

Fraid not, i went through the defaulting the modem card and setting up again a few times but no joy. I was talking to my brother in law, he said he had the same problem installing one before and he told me my prob was that i'm with BT and not Eircom. I was going to ring HKC and ask them about this.
    I got your pm and thanks for the offer, i didnt want to bother you too much about this but i may just have to :o
    phil.

Its no problem at all. I have installed these on BT phone lines with no problems..
    HKC will only deal with installers..

might give you a buzz then if thats ok?

might give you a buzz then if thats ok?

More than happy to help if i can..

Huge thanks to altor for the help, looks like the card is faulty, will return tomorrow. The phone rang about 15 mins later and the card kept trying to send a text. Had to dissconnect the line from it to connect to the broadband again :confused:, methinks a filter is needed.
    Anyway, its goin back in the morn. watch this space.

• Advertisement

Huge thanks to altor for the help, looks like the card is faulty, will return tomorrow. The phone rang about 15 mins later and the card kept trying to send a text. Had to dissconnect the line from it to connect to the broadband again :confused:, methinks a filter is needed.
    Anyway, its goin back in the morn. watch this space.

Your welcome, only sorry you had a faulty text card and i could not help you more.. If you have any more problems installing the new one you get let me know..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

philbee - You get this working in the end?

altor - I see you got this working on a BT line, but what about Smart? My installed tried this on Smart and couldn't get it going and we all presumed that if it wasn't Eircom it wouldn't work.

fraid not, my line dosnt seem to be text enabled so i got to go through the process of trying to get it sorted.:(

D1gger wrote: »
    altor - I see you got this working on a BT line, but what about Smart? My installed tried this on Smart and couldn't get it going and we all presumed that if it wasn't Eircom it wouldn't work.

I will sent you a pm regarding this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

Thanks for the reply lads,

Altor, i'll try that later and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 soomro

altor wrote: »
    Did you default the modem card before you had another go at programming the text ?
    Hello,
    I have also installed digi modem text card last week, my phone line is with vodafone. I was unable to send text sms via phone but vodafone gave me service number and now i can send sms via phone set. I have entered the same service number in Modem card menu option 4 then 5 SMS server number but when i tried to send test text is give me error message " SMS is busy" . Any help would be appreciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to Home Security Systems

soomro wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have also installed digi modem text card last week, my phone line is with vodafone. I was unable to send text sms via phone but vodafone gave me service number and now i can send sms via phone set. I have entered the same service number in Modem card menu option 4 then 5 SMS server number but when i tried to send test text is give me error message " SMS is busy" . Any help would be appreciated.

Whats the service number that vodafone gave you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 soomro

vodafone gave me the service number: 17409900

• Advertisement

soomro wrote: »
    Hello,

There is no need to change the SMS server numbers as this is the same one as Eircoms. I would default the modem and start again.

Go into serial port menu, yes, modem service menu, yes, default modem, yes.
    Modem card menu, yes, options menu, yes, misc options menu, yes, text enable, yes.
    Modem card menu, yes, sms text menu, yes.

1. Site name ENTER e.g home alarm.
    3. Text phone numbers ENTER the numbers you want the alarm to text.
    6. Send text test WHICH ever phone you want to test.

I hope this helps, if not let us know.

Advertisement