Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc digidialer wont send sms

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 soomro

Will follow the above instructions during day time tomorrow. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Your welcome, let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭philbee

hi Altor,
    Just to let you know, i never got mine to text, but it does ring me with a two tone alarm, better than nothing i guess but id still rather have it working right.
    Phil.

philbee wrote: »
    hi Altor,
    Just to let you know, i never got mine to text, but it does ring me with a two tone alarm, better than nothing i guess but id still rather have it working right.
    Phil.

Hi Phil, it is all down to your service provider, you would have to change to Eircom or Vodafone to get it working.
    At lease you get something to let you know the alarm has activated.

Hi Altor,
    Tried it today, defaulted the modem but the server number remained same (17409900) but all the details in SMS Text Menu were cleared. I have done the following:
    Modem Status: Yes -> All OK
    Option Menu -> Misc option menu -> Text Enabled
    SMS server number -> as above
    SMS Text Menu -> Re-entered all details
    -> Sent Text Text -> Yes
    but still can not send Test Text ; on screen showing -> Calling server then "SMS busy" try later.
    Any more suggestions please?

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Hi Phil, it is all down to your service provider, you would have to change to Eircom or Vodafone to get it working.
    At lease you get something to let you know the alarm has activated.

i'm with vodafone but still no go, I'm in the same boat as you soomro.

Hi Philbee,
    Are you able to send text via our landline?
    thanks

sorry,
    I mean your landline Philbee

hi soomro
    texts arent working on my landline.
    phil.

i'm with vodafone but still no go, I'm in the same boat as you soomro.

I would get on to Your service provider as this should work. They may need to enable caller ID on your line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

There are only a few things that will stop SMS on a phoneline

1. Who is your landline with? It will only work with EIRCOM provided lines.
    2.Can you ring mobile phones from your land line?
    3.Do you have Caller ID turned on? to block your number been showen?
    4. The phone provider that you are sending the messages to MUST be 02, vodafone, or Meteor . It will Not work with 3 mobile.

IF you pick up the house phone and Ring 17409900 you should hear a BEEP then the line goes engaged. IF you dont hear the BEEP your line is not setup for SMS.

soomro wrote: »
    Hi Altor,
    Tried it today, defaulted the modem but the server number remained same (17409900) but all the details in SMS Text Menu were cleared. I have done the following:
    Modem Status: Yes -> All OK
    Option Menu -> Misc option menu -> Text Enabled
    SMS server number -> as above
    SMS Text Menu -> Re-entered all details
    -> Sent Text Text -> Yes
    but still can not send Test Text ; on screen showing -> Calling server then "SMS busy" try later.
    Any more suggestions please?

Yes, get on to your service provider and make sure caller ID is enabled on your line. Are you sure you have the line connected in correctly. Main line into A/B return to phones C/D ?

Cadzer wrote: »
    There are only a few things that will stop SMS on a phoneline

1. Who is your landline with? It will only work with EIRCOM provided lines.
    2.Can you ring mobile phones from your land line?
    3.Do you have Caller ID turned on? to block your number been showen?
    4. The phone provider that you are sending the messages to MUST be 02, vodafone, or Meteor . It will Not work with 3 mobile.

IF you pick up the house phone and Ring 17409900 you should hear a BEEP then the line goes engaged. IF you dont hear the BEEP your line is not setup for SMS.

hi Cadzer
    eircom put in my landline about a year ago, i was then with BT and since then vodafone has taken over them.
    I can ring mobiles from my landline no prob,
    I have caller ID turned on
    when i ring 17409900 i get an engaged tone

Hi Altor
    I have only connected two lines to C & D ( blue & orange) , nothing is connected to A & B .
    There are four wires and I have only connected two of them which has the line tone.
    Do you want me to connect all four wires?

Hi Altor
    I have only connected two lines to C & D ( blue & orange) , nothing is connected to A & B .
    There are four wires and I have only connected two of them which has the line tone.
    Do you want me to connect all four wires?

Yes, main line into A/B return line C/D to house phones.

hi Cadzer
    eircom put in my landline about a year ago, i was then with BT and since then vodafone has taken over them.

Can you send a text off your land line ?

Hi Altor,
    What that means?
    I have connected RJ45 and plugged that in filter ( due to broadband) and that's wired to alarm main panel (all 4 wires), out of them I have only inserted 2 wires to C & D ( with phone tone) and 2 wires are hanging around, not connected to any thing.

Sorry,
    I mean RJ11

The way it works is you have your main phone line going into A/B not coming out of the phone socket. The C/D goes back to the main point to be connected to the other phones around the house. If you have broadband on the line you should install a splitter like this attachment.

Hi Philbee,
    You might be able to send texts via your landline if you enter this number 17409900 to the settings of your handset for SMS for server number.
    SMS -> settings -> send number = 17409900
    I dont know the recieve number, and can not recieve the text on landline from mobiles.

• Advertisement

That is the same as Eircoms number, the receive number is 0818365135.

Thanks Altor

I am still unable to understand. sorry to keep bothering.

Do you mean to diconnect every thing from eircom phone wall junbtion box. and only connect RJ11 on the wall box and two wires (with diall tone) to be connected to AB IN and then two wires from AB to digi ( do they need to go to A & B or C&D on card ?
    and AB OUT to phone. but where the DSL filter will be connected to ?

My current setup is as follows:

DSL filter (splitter) is connected to eircom junction box via RJ11. Out of that splitter RJ45 goes to DSL modem. and o RJ11 I have put anoter spliter , one goes to home phone and other goes to alarm modem- two wires to C & D.
    Is this not correct?
    where to buy this filter which you sent in attachment. Thanks

Yes, connect the main line coming into the house to the cable going to the alarm A/B. Connect the line return from the alarm to C/D you will connect this back into where you take the main line out from. This is to get priority so that if a phone is off the hook the alarm will seize the line otherwise it wont dial out.

You can buy these in Northwood technology.

When the alarm seizes the line it seizes it on A/B. C/D goes dead plus your phones in the house. If you have it connected in to C/D it will not dial out as it only uses A/B.

Great.
    Will try to connect this later this week during day time. To connect the line to A & B .
    Last time I tried to disconnect every thing from eircom junction box and only connected line from junction box to alarm's modem but it did not work, may be because it was connected to C & D. I will try to connect to A & B.
    Thanks for your time and will let you know the results

Great.
    Will try to connect this later this week during day time. To connect the line to A & B .
    Last time I tried to disconnect every thing from eircom junction box and only connected line from junction box to alarm's modem but it did not work, may be because it was connected to C & D. I will try to connect to A & B.
    Thanks for your time and will let you know the results

That is more than likely where you where going wrong. Try get the splitter and connect this also when you have the alarm open. If you have any problems more than happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

hi Cadzer

I have seen this before! When u switch away from eircom they turn off the SMS. Now that you are back on Eircom you have to get them to turn it back on. From dealing with eircom in the past DONT Mention Alarm SMS. They will blame the alarm equipment. Tell them you have bought a text enable wireless phone from Argos and you want to set it up for text. You need to hear the BEEP for the SMS to be set up.

Altor,

Thanks for your assistance.
    I have changed the wires from A&B to C&D and now i can recieve texts to mobile. I did not connect phone set from A&B at the moment, I know in worse case scenario it wont seize the phone line but at the moment I am satisfied with text messages.
    Will run the wires to phone from A&B when get a chance next time.
    Once again thanks for you support and time.

Your welcome soomro,
    The house phone will need to connected from the C/D to give you priority. If you need any more info when your doing it let us know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement