Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a puppy

Options
  • 14-10-2009 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anyone have any advice for me? I am interested in buying a puppy (preferably a yorkshire terrier) for my family, but any ad I've replied to on donedeal.ie has been a scam looking for me to forward on money in advance, etc. I'd like to know if anyone knows of any legitimate places that sell pups in the south east, also what to look out for and what questions to ask (as I've never bought a pup before). I'm also not sure of correct procedure for frequency of vaccinations, etc. Most come vaccinated and microchipped, but I don't know what else needs to be taken care of.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Hi mahersbars and welcome to Boards.ie :D

I think that the best place to ask your question is in the Animal/Pets forum where you'll find all our animal experts !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭PetrovthePrat

Hey,as was said Animals/Pets would help. There's a thread on how to spot Puppy Farming,lots of threads on how to care for your new dog and a fair bit of info on rehoming dogs from pounds and rescue groups. Save yourself the price of a pup (more euros for dog essentials,and they do add up) and more importantly,save a pooch from being put down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 themahersbars

Thanks a lot! I'll check it out

Advertisement