Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contacting Dell

Options
  • 14-10-2009 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hope this is in the right place,

DELL :mad::mad::mad:

Does anyone know how to contact Dell in DUBLIN. I configured a system online and got a quote for it. Now the dilemma I have received a grant towards the cost of the system the stipulation is I pay my share first and send on proof of payment and they will forwarda cheque directly to the third party (Dell) for the balance. The guy in the indian call centre does not comprehend this scenario and just keeps saying "but you can pay all by credit card".

tried ringing some land line numbers but they dont work. I need to speak to someone in dell in Ireland about this. i'm spending over a grand on equipment. Has anyone got a clue how to do this.

if not i'm pulling the order and going to a hp partner retailler.

sorry for the rant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Boom Boom wrote: »

Does anyone know how to contact Dell in DUBLIN. I configured a system online and got a quote for it. Now the dilemma I have received a grant towards the cost of the system the stipulation is I pay my share first and send on proof of payment and they will forwarda cheque directly to the third party (Dell) for the balance. The guy in the indian call centre does not comprehend this scenario and just keeps saying "but you can pay all by credit card".

tried ringing some land line numbers but they dont work. I need to speak to someone in dell in Ireland about this. i'm spending over a grand on equipment. Has anyone got a clue how to do this.

sorry for the rant

Why can't you just pay the full amount and get whoever is giving the grant to make the check payable to you?

Sounds a bit dodgy to me. Doubt if Dell will accept two seperate payments at different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Its a stipulation of receiving the grant there way of proving i'm not swindling the system.

If i could do it this way i would have just payed the full amount on my CC believe me.

They do give businesses credit terms and i am a business the equipment is for business use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

Its a stipulation of receiving the grant there way of proving i'm not swindling the system.

If i could do it this way i would have just payed the full amount on my CC believe me.

They do give businesses credit terms and i am a business the equipment is for business use.

If its for business ring sales number. Select Business and you should get put through to somebody in the Bray office.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

lynchie wrote: »
    If its for business ring sales number. Select Business and you should get put through to somebody in the Bray office.

They havn't been based in bray for years, it's all in cherrywood now and by all accounts after the various redundancies it's a graveyard in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ballagh

Hi Boom Boom,

I work in Dell and I'm not sure I understand what you are looking to do. Are you looking for us to order a system for you when you are only part paying for it ? If you don't have a credit account you need to pay for the whole order up front.

Can you come back and let me know,
    Thanks

sorry for the rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Ballagh wrote: »
    Hi Boom Boom,

I work in Dell and I'm not sure I understand what you are looking to do. Are you looking for us to order a system for you when you are only part paying for it ? If you don't have a credit account you need to pay for the whole order up front.

Can you come back and let me know,
    Thanks

Hi Ballagh,

Just re-read my initial rant and i did not metion that when I meant to. I was trying to open an account with credit terms as i intend to purchase more equipment and accessories in the future. I assumed it would be easy to do as have seen clients with credit accounts with dell. But this guy just wanted money off me today somehow someway. If you know who i could contact to open a credit account could you please pm me the details i would be most grateful.

Thanks
    Boom boom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

To be fair, there aren't many companies that will set up a credit account with someone they don't know out of the blue - I'd be surprised if HP etc. would do it either.

Even with smaller, more local suppliers the norm is that you'd be a customer for a few months, cash up front each time, and then after a while you apply for a credit account with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

A company or even a corporation like Dell won't just give out a credit account.
    You need a track record and this includes several purchases by cash first.

Now there are exceptions like Harvey Normans or Currys with their interest free deals but even then security is required.

The callcentre won't sort you here. You need to contact the business section in Cherrywood though a lot of the staff are now laid off. I'm not sure what sections work there anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ballagh

Hi Ballagh,

Just re-read my initial rant and i did not metion that when I meant to. I was trying to open an account with credit terms as i intend to purchase more equipment and accessories in the future. I assumed it would be easy to do as have seen clients with credit accounts with dell. But this guy just wanted money off me today somehow someway. If you know who i could contact to open a credit account could you please pm me the details i would be most grateful.

Thanks
    Boom boom

Hi Boom Boom,

We will be able to open a credit account for you provided you have at least 2 years audited accounts for our finance people to base their decision on. Also you would need to have a projected spend of at least €10k pa. If you're ok with both of those, the account won't be a problem.

Ballagh

Advertisement