Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Face Exfoliator

• 14-10-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi Guys & Gals

Just wondering could anyone recommend a good gentle exfoliator for your face. I have noticed that just around my chin it feels like there is little spots under the skin and its quite dry?

Thanks
    RG:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Zanzibar

Hey there,

Best exfoliator is Origins modern friction its for sensitive skin and is very gentle it brightens the skin and removes oil but doesnt dry skin.
    I have be using it a few months now and love it.
    Also a tip when cleansing use muslin cloth this will stimulate cell renewal and brighten up skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

When my skin is sensitive I wet a facecloth with warm water, add a little face cream to it and use that to exfoliate. It does the job but isn't harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Pixie001

The L'occitane products with Shea Butter are great for dry skin. I love their shea butter gentle face buff. It's quite unusual as you put the mask on your face, and gently rub it off (the mask is nourishing for dry skin and the rubbing off exfoliates by removing any dead skin cells). As I said it is quite unusual and not everyone would like it, I would recommed that you get a sample and try it before you buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I found Modern Friction reacted badly to my skin and I wouldn't have sensitive skin. It did exfoliate well, but it brought me out in breakouts. As soon as I stopped using it and started using St. Ives Apricot scrub, or as mentioned above a face cloth and some face cream/face wash my skin has cleared up immensely. (Muji near the Great Outdoors, just of Grafton St. do one which is brilliant for this sort of thing).

Do you use a toner after cleansing? Sometimes this can help with the little bumpy spots which appear just under the skin. Simple do one which is not too harsh, or too expensive.

Advertisement