Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction

Options
  • 14-10-2009 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭

To whom it may concern,
    I received an infraction in a post a pic thread in The Ladies Lounge today, apparently I posted a sleazy remark which was all but a winky face( :) ).

Thing is, I done it to a new pic of my girlfriend, so surely it can't be seen as sleazy then, and I also got the infraction based on not posting a pic.
    That's the part I totally disagree with, and if the Mod in question had done some homework, he would have seen that I'd posted a pic in that thread just over 2 months ago. The Mod in question is Xiney.

Surely both of those reasons for infraction have been justified?

Thanks, Midnight_EG.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

So it was in reference to this post: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62528723

Firstly the rules of that thread is that you (and I also for that matter) cannot post at all unless you post a picture of yourself in any of the posts you add to that thread.
    The hint is in the title of the thread.

Secondly! Who is to know that the quoted post is your girlfriend? Especially even the moderators.

Many previous posters in that thread have been warned in the past, so you are no different. I suggest if you wish to give your girlfriend the wink, you use the visitor message function on her profile, or atleast post a picture of yourself in that thread like the title suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Sparky wrote: »
    So it was in reference to this post: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62528723

Firstly the rules of that thread is that you (and I also for that matter) cannot post at all unless you post a picture of yourself in any of the posts you add to that thread.
    The hint is in the title of the thread.

Secondly! Who is to know that the quoted post is your girlfriend? Especially even the moderators.

Many previous posters in that thread have been warned in the past, so you are no different. I suggest if you wish to give your girlfriend the wink, you use the visitor message function on her profile, or atleast post a picture of yourself in that thread like the title suggests.
    Not being a smart arse or anything, but again if you look through the thread it sorta shows that we are going out, but oh well.

So does anybody that hasnt attached a pic to their post get infracted, cos I for sure have noticed not every single post having a picture?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I don't think that given the fact that you two go out that it allows you to break a rule.
    I have no interest in reading every post in that thread to find that you two go out and I viewed your post as beaing sleezy in reference to the way the moderator did.
    Even in the offchance that the moderator was aware, it still broke the thread rules as the mod enforces the forum rules for all.

The posts that you see not having a picture (besides mod posts), did you not report them to the mod by using the report.gif button?

Advertisement