Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tesco's yo yo pricing

Options
  • 14-10-2009 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Take Butter Beans for example, one week I buy them they're 55c another time 50c then 59c.

Anyone know why tesco do this? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

This link from cheapeats.ie might explain some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

They bounce prices from week to week so that they can put one product on special while not taking a real hit on revenues.
    Thats why i like Aldi & Lidl...no BS...they price and thats it...go in next week and the same product you bought last week is still the same this week and will be the same in few weeks time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Dunnes do the same, but they just shift the bargain to another product in that range. For example, they always have deals on those pastry & meat pies they have. One week its Denny, next its another brand, etc. I just keep my eyes peeled.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Voltex wrote: »
    Thats why i like Aldi & Lidl...no BS..

I agree. Plus their food in most cases tastes better than the other supermarket own brands. In my opinion anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

I think that some of the lines Aldi have are re-packaged leading brands....
    TBH, Aldi is my prefeared retailer...lots of irish products...Lidl I think has far more imported stuff so not exactly suiting irish consumers...but good quality all the same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 nahboisk

i noticed this with the gluten free food one day i bought some cookies for €2.50 the next day they where €2.80 and a week later they where €2.59. its strange cos i have been in the stock room and worked there its a large store they dont order gluten free food that often!!

Advertisement