Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camerabox.co.uk

• 14-10-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

Placed an order with them last week and thought I'd post my expereinces.

Nightmare!

I am guessing that this is a 1 or 2 man company run from a house. Their website stock system means nothing so I am guessing that when you place an order they then go and order the kit before sending it to you.

I chased my order from day 1. The website order status system never updated and each day I was told that "you'll have it tomorow". Today I eventually got them to admit that the order has never shipped. They have been lying to me all along.

I have now decided to cancel the order. I have been trying to email them and each email has gone ignored. I chatted with them live via MS and they eventually went offline. They refuse to send me an email stating that they have cancelled my order (they wont reference the order number).

So I am gonna have to hound them and hound them and I will. They have been sharp, unfriendly and totally uncooperative. Rigfht now they ar eholding on to a lot of my money and wont respond to me.

Maybe some of you have had good experiences with them, but I thought I'd share my experience. I feel pretty stupid and embarrassed. If I can get my money back I'm off to a bricks and mortar shop or Amazon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

dnme wrote: »

Nightmare!

I am guessing that this is a 1 or 2 man company run from a house. Their website stock system means nothing so I am guessing that when you place an order they then go and order the kit before sending it to you.

I chased my order from day 1. The website order status system never updated and each day I was told that "you'll have it tomorow". Today I eventually got them to admit that the order has never shipped. They have been lying to me all along.

Don't bother dealing with them. Even if you get your money back they'll probably drag their heels for ages and doubtless try to charge you a 'cancellation' or 'restocking' fee or something similarly underhanded. Just get onto your credit card company and dispute the charge. Explain the details to them. Judging by reviews on the net chances are they're pretty familiar with camerabox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

I had been asking about SimplyElectronics and camerabox only this morning in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055710022

Obviously I will now steer well clear of them now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I had been asking about SimplyElectronics and camerabox only this morning in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055710022

Obviously I will now steer well clear of them now

As posted within the other thread I have just completed a swift and painless purchase from Simply Electronics of an EOS 50d - and saved a small fortune in the process.

Maybe I was lucky but, they kept me informed etc so no issues at all.

Unfortunately it seems on the whole we will get what we pay for - just wish that they would be up front - i.e. we will save you 20%-30% but it'll take 2-3 weeks to source as we cannot keep stock - then could make a decision to balance the wait against the saving and save themselves a huge amount of aggro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

get on to your bank, request a chargeback on your c.c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

minikin wrote: »
    get on to your bank, request a chargeback on your c.c.

I've been on to my credit card company. They say I will have to wait upto 4 days to see if the refund appears on my account. If not then I will have to provide them with evience of order cancellation attempts and a history of the communications sent etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,157 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I've dealt with them and found them very good and got quick delivery.
    I ordered, phoned up to change my order and there was no problem.
    Maybe you just had a rare bad experience....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭LBD

Nightmare!

I have now decided to cancel the order. I have been trying to email them and each email has gone ignored. I chatted with them live via MS and they eventually went offline. They refuse to send me an email stating that they have cancelled my order (they wont reference the order number).

So I am gonna have to hound them and hound them and I will. They have been sharp, unfriendly and totally uncooperative. Rigfht now they ar eholding on to a lot of my money and wont respond to me.

Maybe some of you have had good experiences with them, but I thought I'd share my experience. I feel pretty stupid and embarrassed. If I can get my money back I'm off to a bricks and mortar shop or Amazon.

Hey did you have any luck getting your money back?
    My mum ordered an SLR from these cowboys on the 30.11.09 as they now have a new website called digital-cameras.com (all contact details etc are the same as camerabox even the website template is the same)
    The camera is a present for my dad for christmas eve and they obviously said he'd have it well on time. I tried to track the order online this morning and it said order received awaiting processing (money has been taken from her cc already) I sent an email this morning outlining I either want the order canceled or a reply as to status of the order. Immediately the order status was changed to cannot retrieve order status!!!!

Have sent 3emails since all ignored and the telephone number on the website is constantly engaged. Also tried the msn and they're offline!!!

Just wondering if you have any advise to give as it looks like we're almost 600euro down.....

LBD wrote: »
    Hey did you have any luck getting your money back?
    My mum ordered an SLR from these cowboys on the 30.11.09 as they now have a new website called digital-cameras.com (all contact details etc are the same as camerabox even the website template is the same)
    The camera is a present for my dad for christmas eve and they obviously said he'd have it well on time. I tried to track the order online this morning and it said order received awaiting processing (money has been taken from her cc already) I sent an email this morning outlining I either want the order canceled or a reply as to status of the order. Immediately the order status was changed to cannot retrieve order status!!!!

Have sent 3emails since all ignored and the telephone number on the website is constantly engaged. Also tried the msn and they're offline!!!

Just wondering if you have any advise to give as it looks like we're almost 600euro down.....

Ouch,

I hounded them on instant online chat. I pumbled their email inbox, I sent them an email every 10 minutes. I got my cc refunded less about €70 which they put down to exchange rates.
    If you dont received the goods immediately from these guys, it means they have no stock on that item and are ordering the camera to fill your order. I doubt you'll have this for xmas. I would go the route of "trying" to cancel the order. Hound them on both websites, blast their email inboxes and tell them I sent ya!.

Yeah Ive been doing that non stop all day! Think I've sent a total of 50mails so far!!! Cannot believe these people can operate like this and get away with it!
    My mam has been onto the credit card company and they are well aware of photobox and digital-cameras etc.....which says it all!!

Thanks for your help anyway....we'd like the refund at this stage cos tbh I certainly don't want to line their unprofessional pockets!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

A word of advice - keep a very close eye on your credit card statement from now on. Watch out for any additional transactions that may be fraudulent. I'm speaking from experience after having used that company.....:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

they clearly just order the stuff from hong kong off ebay etc...
    why bother???

Ouch,

I hounded them on instant online chat. I pumbled their email inbox, I sent them an email every 10 minutes. I got my cc refunded less about €70 which they put down to exchange rates.
    If you dont received the goods immediately from these guys, it means they have no stock on that item and are ordering the camera to fill your order. I doubt you'll have this for xmas. I would go the route of "trying" to cancel the order. Hound them on both websites, blast their email inboxes and tell them I sent ya!.

Sorry to bother you again DNME just wondering how long it took you to get a response from them. Have been mailing non stop and calling since last thursday and not a peep from them. Just their automated repsonse email. I'm really getting worried now and am at a loss at what to do...

I got a refund after about 7 working days, but founhd it almost impossible to get them to communicate with me. Make sure you state that you wish to cancel the order. Threaten legal action, start cc'ing someone who look slike they're in the legal profession, email them every 5 minutes on both sites.

Drive them insane basically

Well its now over 3weeks since credit card was debited and a week of non stop emailing, calling and msning. Have had to pass it to the credit card company for an indemnity claim...:(:(:(

Am so sickened that these guys can get away with this and theres nothing we can do. Anyway thanks for your help and anyone reading this take my advice and steer well clear of these two "companies".....am truly sickened :mad:

Did however contact watchdog.co.uk and they said they would contact them on our behalf.....can't hurt I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭WedPhoto

OMG i knew it! i almost ordered a camera from these people digital-cameras.com but i just didn't like the feel of the site. found it on pricerunner i think. think had the best price but i had a bad feeling about it, and remembered that if something looks too good to be true, than it probably is. i've ordered from a more reputable site, got my camera on time and ho hassle. sometimes it's worth paying a few bob extra if you're buying from a well known website. good luck with getting your money back. cc company should be able to help you...it is a scam after all, isn't it?

Unfortunately I haven't a clue what they are all I know is the cc company is well used to "dealing" with them though....

The annoying thing is I've dealt with camera sites before a good bit when getting bits and pieces for my DSLR and never had any problems this was a present for my dads bday next week and we wanted a particular DSLR which is hard to get and these guys said they had it :o Wasnt really about price but if she had realised digital-cameras were also known as camerabox we would have googled them and steered well clear!!! As it is theren't aren't many bad reviews for digital-cameras online unlike camerabox!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

I used camerabox last year to buy a Camon 430 EX11. No Probs, but things may have changed since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

This Thread has gone as far as it can go...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement