Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vittoria Open Pave Evo CG

• 14-10-2009 3:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

Looking to purchase a pair of these but after trying a few of the usual suspects I cant find anywhere with them in stock.
    Anyone know where I can get a pair ?

With the search facility under repair .. apologies if this has already been addressed recently.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Looks like Parker and Sigma have them in stock.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Let us know how you get on with them. I've been considering trying them out the next time I have to get new tyres.

el tonto wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on with them. I've been considering trying them out the next time I have to get new tyres.

Me too. I've read good reviews but also people saying that they get very cut up on Irish/UK roads.

But then I ran a Michelin Pro Grip 3 for a few hundred km without any noticable wear and tear or punctures, and they're supposed to last about 5 minutes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Lumen wrote: »
    I've read good reviews but also people saying that they get very cut up on Irish/UK roads.

I thought that they were a bit more robust than the Corsas or is it the case that the Corsas are even more delicate?

I'm mostly happy with the GP4000s I've been using for a few years, but they do have the tendency to square off a bit with wear. I love my Vittoria tubs, which made me start considering their clinchers.

I thought that they were a bit more robust than the Corsas or is it the case that the Corsas are even more delicate?

My mistake, I was thinking of the Corsas.

There's also a Corsa KX, just to confuse things further.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    There's also a Corsa KX, just to confuse things further.

Yes. As far as I know, that's the Corsa CX without the threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I got one a few weeks back. Bought from Wiggle for €35 but that was with a voucher usually up around €40.SUbsequently found them in that place online over in Tallaght,CSS for €40.
    Havent done many miles on it.
    First spin I had it on the front.Even just looking at the green-black combo below you seem to give confindence. They just seem solid when on back roads that farmers and builders have tried their best to destroy The tyre looked huge but is only 24c. The thread pattern is weird with the green sidewalls having a different thread to the black centre.
    Moved it to the back and seems very solid.Although even having put 100-110psi there seems to still be some 'give' in the tyre. I would imagine this is down to the carcass and gives it an ability to roll over 'cobbles' and such.
    But most importantly IMO it looks cool and very 'vlandderen' and cant wait to give it a proper pounding when I get Fulcrum 5's or 7's.
    Will try and post a pic or two if anyone is interested.

With Vittoria now moving to 320tpi, it might be better waiting until those ones hit the shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

With Vittoria now moving to 320tpi, it might be better waiting until those ones hit the shops.

the one I have is 290tpi.BUZZKILL :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭shamalam

Hi, have being using these tyres past 3 months.
    Two of us used them on race around ireland and suffered no punctures or cuts on fairly crap roads. would recommend them if you can handle colour.
    Purchased in cycle superstore cheaper than online.

• Advertisement

shamalam wrote: »
    Would recommend them if you can handle colour.

They seem to be changing the colour with the new ones. Rather than the green sidewalls, they seem to just have strip of green down the middle now, which seems a bit more sober.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

ive ordered them from cyclesuper store and plan to use them on my winter bike. Set of Conti Armadillo's have served me well but have used them on a trainer and as a training tyre all summer and reckon they're past their best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

you'll p1ss through them on Irish roads.

Vittoria have a good tire selector on their website... I'd say the ProTechs (120TPI) for Irish roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bbosco

Just had my first spin on these (the 320 tpi versions). First impressions are good compared with my old pair of Conti Attack/Force. Took them over some very rough roads that I regularly use and found a definite improvement in comfort. On those roads where the asphalt was stripped away by the winter ice and floods, the ride is less jarring and uneven.
    On steep descents which require a fair bit of braking, there is definitely more grip.
    On good, smooth road surfaces there's no discernible difference over the thinner, slicker Contis.
    For ride quality and grip I would recommend them highly.

Apparently they can get cut up quite badly on Irish roads with loads of small, sharp jagged bits, but my Contis have been cut to shreds in the last few months despite having a lot of wear left in them according to the wear indicator. The kevlar strip is very thick and reputed to protect the tube effectively even if the casing is cut. I'll have to wait and see as regards puncture protection.

The 'open 'tubular' construction is new to me. They were damn hard to fit so I'm not looking forward to fitting them on the side of the road on a freezing winter's day.

Finally, I think they look great with the green strip. Took a bit of getting used to on my stealth-bike, but now I'm thinking of matching green bartape and even green cable housings :D

Advertisement