Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody recognise these pricks

Options

Comments

bad form.. proper out of order. altho i walk that way after nights out and havn't seen anythin like this, hopefully a once off. wank3rs

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Looks like someone recognized them...
    Funny story, turns out i know all five of those.. you will be happy to know that they have all been reported to the gardai!!

****in hippys is rite! especially stupid specky from kerry and the cavan whore!!
    :)

I love how everyone assumes that they must be students. Could it not be a group of drunken work mates or could they be unemployed.

While I accept that what they are doing is disgraceful this constant bashing of students and assuming that everyone negative act committed by the under 30s is done so by students. I was walking back that way a few weeks ago and a group of scumbags were doing pretty much the something that happens in the video. I have my doubts that any of them was a student.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

What exactly were the Gardai in the car supposed to do; unless they got a complaint, it could by a group going in to a party or just going in home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I think it's time to organise a lynch mob. Bring your own torch.

Honestly though, hope they get what's coming to them. I'm sure Judge Fahy will throw the book at them.

And I agree with Darko, to an extent... Students aren't always the problem, it's just one or two feckin eejits among a group that cause trouble when they're pissed drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭jayoo

Stupid fcuks, but this kinda thing always happens. Im about to walk home from town, its 23.35 and as i am on my own i will get hassled at least 3 or 4 times, to many scumbags in galway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Honestly though, hope they get what's coming to them. I'm sure Judge Fahy will throw the book at them.
    She probably will but she just likes throwing books at people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Kazooie wrote: »
    Run away like the cowards that they are. Be funny if a big dude answered the door and kicked the heads off them. Including the tart that was with them.
    A big dude lives in one of the houses they rang the doorbell of. He must not have been home, because if he was, he would have massacred them, due to this strange attachment he with getting 8 hours sleep a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Haven't trawled through the thread...

But, if you're trying to be such a hero posting this here, why not put it onto a CD/DVD and hand it in PERSONALLY to the SU offices of GMIT & NUIG? Ring/E-Mail ahead and arrange a meeting with the President of each SU, sit them down and play the video to them... then they'll go to the effort of taking screenshots (or do it yourself) and print them off, putting them on notices

Lads, the ONLY way in this country to get anything done is to do it youself. OP, if you feel so strongly, get up off your hole and do something about it (well done, you've taken the first step by posting it on an internet forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

With the risk of sounding all "kids today" at the ripe old age of 24 (actually still 23 for a while yet), I honestly believe that if they'd been properly disciplined as children, not so many of them would have turned into major assholes.

Threat of physical violence seems to be the only thing to shut them up - was walking around dominick street with my husband and a friend from university (visiting) and the pathways are narrow so in fairness the three of us (6' husband, 6'3 friend of bulgarian extraction) we were blocking it and two female students came up behind us and said, "Sorry, can we get by" (a bit snottily but I took no notice at that point) and my friend, while moving away said in a good natured way, "Yeah we're sorry too!". They did this little sarcastic "ha ha" while passing, which I then imitated (more sarcastic and more than loud enough to hear)

They turned around as if to start something, but the look on her face when she saw me! Ha. Priceless. (I'm 5'7, was wearing heels, and I used to play ice hockey... enough said.) She thought better of it anyway.

It really is too bad that it's illegal to knock the shite out of snotty students. (That is not an indictment of violence, it's just wishful thinking)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Xiney wrote: »
    With the risk of sounding all "kids today" at the ripe old age of 24 (actually still 23 for a while yet), I honestly believe that if they'd been properly disciplined as children, not so many of them would have turned into major assholes.

Threat of physical violence seems to be the only thing to shut them up - was walking around dominick street with my husband and a friend from university (visiting) and the pathways are narrow so in fairness the three of us (6' husband, 6'3 friend of bulgarian extraction) we were blocking it and two female students came up behind us and said, "Sorry, can we get by" (a bit snottily but I took no notice at that point) and my friend, while moving away said in a good natured way, "Yeah we're sorry too!". They did this little sarcastic "ha ha" while passing, which I then imitated (more sarcastic and more than loud enough to hear)

They turned around as if to start something, but the look on her face when she saw me! Ha. Priceless. (I'm 5'7, was wearing heels, and I used to play ice hockey... enough said.) She thought better of it anyway.

It really is too bad that it's illegal to knock the shite out of snotty students. (That is not an indictment of violence, it's just wishful thinking)

Sorry am I missing something here? You were unpleasant (and with your description of the three of you) wanted to look intimidating to 2 students who in the first instance were perfectly pleasant and respectful.
    You have just put in your post the sort of behaviour that everyone else on this thread has been condemning. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

fair enough xiney, those 2 sound like a right pair, but you did enough to heighten the situation yourself.What exactly was the point of your sarcastic imitation, if not to cause a reaction. And how brave would you have been,if you hadn't had 2 strapping lads to get you and your mouth out of trouble. And wanting to slap snotty students is an indictment of violence.

we weren't unpleasant until they were. The pavements along dominick street are so narrow that you can't help but block them if you're more than two people - and we moved as soon as they asked.

when they were snotty I simply had no problem being snotty back and staring down the little bint.

Webbs wrote: »
    who in the first instance were perfectly pleasant and respectful.

no they weren't - read my post again. She was snotty from the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

hmmmm an eye for an eye it seems

ok anyhow the thread has prob reached the stage where its destined to go off topic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Having reread your story again, I couldn't help but thinking that maybe you only perceived their laugh as sarcastic. Maybe they were 2 girls walking behind 3 large people and were a bit nervous once your friend made his comment, which could have been taken a number of ways. Not saying you're in the wrong, but it is an example of how an innocent situation can escalate in to something aggresive and possibly violent.

I'm sorry but how would bringing in college fees stop this sorta behaviour? If they are inclined to do it, they'll do it - college or no college.

Oh trust me, I'm not a stranger to sarcasm - they were being sarcastic, and I just couldn't get over what my friend must think of people here. He's a really nice jokey guy, spent the last few years working in the friendly San Francisco area (he's a brilliant computer programmer) and he doesn't deserve to be treated that way by some little prickette over a little jokey good natured comment he made. He was quite taken aback.

I'm fiercely loyal to my friends, AND I don't take any shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DD67

JohnCleary wrote: »

But, if you're trying to be such a hero posting this here, why not put it onto a CD/DVD and hand it in PERSONALLY to the SU offices of GMIT & NUIG? Ring/E-Mail ahead and arrange a meeting with the President of each SU, sit them down and play the video to them... then they'll go to the effort of taking screenshots (or do it yourself) and print them off, putting them on notices

Lads, the ONLY way in this country to get anything done is to do it youself. OP, if you feel so strongly, get up off your hole and do something about it (well done, you've taken the first step by posting it on an internet forum)

The video was already posted up on youtube so its already out in the public domain so why go to all the trouble of the CD/DVD crap you mention and arranging meetings with SU offices, posting up screenshots, assuming there students in the first place. The pictures are also in the Adverter today so cop on yourself and stop having a go at the orginal poster.

OT: Xiney - You're 23 and... married? :eek:

• Advertisement

lol

thought I was finally old enough to stop getting that reaction...

I'll have been married four years in December :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

robin-sparkles1.jpg

Xiney wrote: »
    lol

thought I was finally old enough to stop getting that reaction...

I'll have been married four years in December :)

Congrats... you feckin' nut-job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Fey! wrote: »
    The video quaity really is excellent; I take it that this resident has had hassle before!

I se that someone opened a window to them on then far side of the street; pity they didn't have a pot of water to empty over their heads!

That's where the auld China Po would have come in Handy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

But, if you're trying to be such a hero posting this here, why not put it onto a CD/DVD and hand it in PERSONALLY to the SU offices of GMIT & NUIG? Ring/E-Mail ahead ...............

In the Advertiser today so they are now aware of it. (pg 2 digital edition).

MaxFlower wrote: »
    In the Advertiser today so they are now aware of it. (pg 2 digital edition).

Fair enough thanks for pointing out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

this needs to be sent to lots of media. i sent to to rte, sure we'll see what happens. was gonna send it to galwaybayfm but i reckon keith finnegan would definately get buckfast banned it he got his hands on it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

i didn't take the footage it was posted on facebook by a friend, whose relations live in nearby houses, but as this is an open fourum i thought it wud be a fitting place to expose these scum, i sent a copy to rte news on line..no response, i requested the su presidents email....i got it thanks, sent it to advertiser ...and if uve seen today's paper (advertiser) there are screen shots of the girl on page two. As for going into the su office/ gaurds i believe as of yesterday it had been done just i never thought to post an update on here, sure i was totally unaware anybody was up till after 3am waiting for it

axiom32 wrote: »
    i didn't take the footage it was posted on facebook by a friend, whose relations live in nearby houses, but as this is an open fourum i thought it wud be a fitting place to expose these scum, i sent a copy to rte news on line..no response, i requested the su presidents email....i got it thanks, sent it to advertiser ...and if uve seen today's paper (advertiser) there are screen shots of the girl on page two. As for going into the su office/ gaurds i believe as of yesterday it had been done just i never thought to post an update on here, sure i was totally unaware anybody was up till after 3am waiting for it

Yeah sorry came in last night loaded and went ranting on an internet forum :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Axiom32; fair play for getting it into the media, and bringing it to te attention of those who may be able to do something about it.
    Hotwheels wrote: »
    That's where the auld China Po would have come in Handy:D

I think that I still have a few of them somewhere around the shop; I could try peddling them door to door in Bohermore! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement