Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody recognise these pricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

Sniipe wrote: »
    It wasn't in the sunday paper.

Setting what on fire irishvamp90?

read the glasan thread on the gmit forum.
    Can't defend students after reading that rubbish!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Pathetic. I bet they think they're "mad whoors" and were bragging about it the next day out loud in a lecture hall so loads of people will overhear them and think they're cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

muskyj wrote: »
    read the glasan thread on the gmit forum.
    Can't defend students after reading that rubbish!:)

I don't know whether to laugh or cry after reading that thread.

People doing the stuff posted in that thread think they're buzzers having a buzz.

They need to get a life and a proper sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

KevR wrote: »
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry after reading that thread.

People doing the stuff posted in that thread think they're buzzers having a buzz.

They need to get a life and a proper sense of humour.

That thread is cúntish.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

read on the galway college forums about some guy talking about setting stuff on fire

I just read that there, not entirely sure the poster was telling the truth to be honest. If he/she was, pretty stupid move posting about criminal acts on Boards, then again if they're the kind of person who does that kind of thing, you never know. It did lead me to wonder what exactly you have to do to get infracted on that forum though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

Xiney wrote: »
    With the risk of sounding all "kids today" at the ripe old age of 24 (actually still 23 for a while yet), I honestly believe that if they'd been properly disciplined as children, not so many of them would have turned into major assholes.

Threat of physical violence seems to be the only thing to shut them up - was walking around dominick street with my husband and a friend from university (visiting) and the pathways are narrow so in fairness the three of us (6' husband, 6'3 friend of bulgarian extraction) we were blocking it and two female students came up behind us and said, "Sorry, can we get by" (a bit snottily but I took no notice at that point) and my friend, while moving away said in a good natured way, "Yeah we're sorry too!". They did this little sarcastic "ha ha" while passing, which I then imitated (more sarcastic and more than loud enough to hear)

They turned around as if to start something, but the look on her face when she saw me! Ha. Priceless. (I'm 5'7, was wearing heels, and I used to play ice hockey... enough said.) She thought better of it anyway.

It really is too bad that it's illegal to knock the shite out of snotty students. (That is not an indictment of violence, it's just wishful thinking)

This is such nonsense, it shows complete ignorance. If you're blocking a footpath you should be aware of people approaching and stand out of their way. Of course they were annoyed with you.

Maybe she just thought that arguing with you would be pointless...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Footpaths in Dominick St. are narrow enough, never mind later in the vening with the rain pishing down and taxis trying to squeak by in each direction...and then smokers outside the Roisin and Bierhaus.

If ye were doing a slow stroll, the fact that they even asked you to move aside (2-3 abreast on a narrow path) was more courtesy than I would usually show (over take, grumble under my breath).

Then again you don't have eyes in the back of your head.

I wouldn't have taken your bulgarian's friend's comment to be good natured, unless the tone was unambiguously happy-spastic with a big friendly grin and teddy bears.

What made you think her 'ha-ha' was sarcastic? Could've just been young wans laughing off your friend's comment.
    Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt++ on both sides it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

po0k wrote: »
    I wouldn't have taken your bulgarian's friend's comment to be good natured, unless the tone was unambiguously happy-spastic with a big friendly grin and teddy bears.

He said it with a giant smile and in a very friendly tone.

po0k wrote: »
    What made you think her 'ha-ha' was sarcastic? Could've just been young wans laughing off your friend's comment.
    Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt++ on both sides it seems.

I've said it before - it doesn't take a world class genius to detect what was a heaping dose of sarcasm.

Seriously - I get it, I was wrong to retaliate in any shape or form to these silly little girls with more entitlement than brains. I should have just allowed them to act like that without letting them know in any way that their behaviour is unacceptable. And then I should have written a letter to the editor of one of our many bastions of journalism decrying the fall of civilization.

One of the reasons people act like this is nobody calls them on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Guess you are not gonna make commuting and transport mod anytime soon Xiney.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

ok, now I'm lost.

• Advertisement

Xiney,
    With the risk of sounding all "kids today" at the ripe old age of 24 (actually still 23 for a while yet), I honestly believe that if they'd been properly disciplined as children, not so many of them would have turned into major assholes.

Threat of physical violence seems to be the only thing to shut them up - was walking around dominick street with my husband and a friend from university (visiting) and the pathways are narrow so in fairness the three of us (6' husband, 6'3 friend of bulgarian extraction) we were blocking it and two female students came up behind us and said, "Sorry, can we get by" (a bit snottily but I took no notice at that point) and my friend, while moving away said in a good natured way, "Yeah we're sorry too!". They did this little sarcastic "ha ha" while passing, which I then imitated (more sarcastic and more than loud enough to hear)

They turned around as if to start something, but the look on her face when she saw me! Ha. Priceless. (I'm 5'7, was wearing heels, and I used to play ice hockey... enough said.) She thought better of it anyway.

It really is too bad that it's illegal to knock the ****e out of snotty students. (That is not an indictment of violence, it's just wishful thinking)

I gotta say, I can't think of any reason for your reaction to those girls wanting to get by.

Now, I dunno the full details, but reading your post I would actually side with the two girls trying to pass you.

If those two had demanded you step aside, or barged past ye, then you three'd be who i'd side with.

But the fact of the matter is the first overtly belittling comment came from one of your party.

And it's that person, who is at fault.

Like I said, I don't know the full details. But that's what it looks like from here.
    It really is too bad that it's illegal to knock the ****e out of snotty students. (That is not an indictment of violence, it's just wishful thinking)

I would seriously reconsider that statement, considering how you are the mod of Personal Issues, a forum that caters to a group of people that includes those at risk of being "knocked the ****e out of".

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I would seriously reconsider that statement, considering how you are the mod of Personal Issues, a forum that caters to a group of people that includes those at risk of being "knocked the ****e out of".

She is a mod in the PI forum, outside of that she is just another user here on boards, just like me, just like you. Her conduct outside of the PI forum has NO bearing on her conduct within the PI forum as such she is free to say and do as she likes as long as she does not violate boards rules.

If you have an issue with how Xiney conducts herself within the PI forum then report her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Xiney's discussion is off topic a bit. I'm with lion_bar tho.

Has there been any update to the incident? Did they get away with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Xiney wrote: »
    Seriously - I get it, I was wrong to retaliate in any shape or form to these silly little girls with more entitlement than brains. I should have just allowed them to act like that without letting them know in any way that their behaviour is unacceptable.

No, but you were certainly wrong to react in the way you did. So going "ha,ha" sarcastically back to them lets them know their behavior is unacceptable? Is this a mature reaction?.It just seems like a tit for tat childish rubbish to me. If your going to call someone out on their attitude at least use words and don't lower yourself to their level.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Seems a lot of this has blown over now! Lucky for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Shanley wrote: »
    Seems a lot of this has blown over now! Lucky for them!

Lucky of them indeed :rolleyes: , does anyone know if they apologized to the people(elderly or otherwise) who they terrorized, I see if made the Advertiser,any others? Did the police involved?

Something tells me they wont be up to these shenanigan's anytime soon with the amount of attention this story received. Lesson learned hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aseireann

While all you lot are on here bangin on about these students shameful behaviour, it seems to have escaped your attention that Galway City is under constant 24hour surveillance...Not only do you not know whose looking at this stuff but you could care less...Everyones shocked like this kinda thing only just happened, it's been going on for years...Now everyone is afraid to walk down Bohermore past 9 oclock...the aim of keeping people indoors has been achieved through fear of each other with the over use of CCTV... the dreaded CCTV...Fear=CCTV=Fear=CCTV...

A Galweigean born 'an bred...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

aseireann wrote: »
    While all you lot are on here bangin on about these students shameful behaviour, it seems to have escaped your attention that Galway City is under constant 24hour surveillance...Not only do you not know whose looking at this stuff but you could care less...Everyones shocked like this kinda thing only just happened, it's been going on for years...Now everyone is afraid to walk down Bohermore past 9 oclock...the aim of keeping people indoors has been achieved through fear of each other with the over use of CCTV... the dreaded CCTV...Fear=CCTV=Fear=CCTV...

In fairness 'Galway City' is NOT under constant surveillance, but SOME streets are. While i'm not for this Big Brother situation, personally I don't care that there's a few CCTV cameras around the city, and neither should anyone else who isin't doing anything dodgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

....and what about the great benefit of CCTV to get witnesse's for the investigation of the death of the 20 year old man outside Karma during the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Well the GMIT crowd had better hope that the Judge doesn't read Boards the next time that one of them is up before them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I don't know why people care so much about CCTV. Everyone and their mother has a camera phone these days.You can be going about minding your own business and still find your image flashed all over bebo, facebook and the internet without your consent. As horrible as it is,modern society just doesn't afford privacy to do as we wish and have it go unrecorded anymore. At least CCTV serves a very useful function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 aseireann

chilly wrote: »
    I don't know why people care so much about CCTV. Everyone and their mother has a camera phone these days.You can be going about minding your own business and still find your image flashed all over bebo, facebook and the internet without your consent. As horrible as it is,modern society just doesn't afford privacy to do as we wish and have it go unrecorded anymore. At least CCTV serves a very useful function.

Youre right, it does serve a function...it shows one or two crimes then puts the fear of god into the majority which keeps them in there houses and in theyre place watchin ****in' 'ant and dec' of a Saturday night...off the streets where theyre easier to police...Mobile phones are one thing, the state watching you is another...whose runnin' it?, whose accountable?...is it public or private...who knows?...you've been blinkered into thinkin that it stops crime...It's a fact that it doesn't have any impact whatsoever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

It's a fact that it doesn't have any impact whatsoever...

So what are you worried about.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

it shows one or two crimes then puts the fear of god into the majority which keeps them in there houses and in theyre place

Ah, wha? ridonkulous....lay off the sauce matey, it's doing you no favours.

Wow 4 students(we know this for sure?) play Belfast. Jesus.it's like GAlway's 9/11. Students doing terrorism. Dam it. Was there any confirmation that these were studentzor are ye stereotyping? Get over it if no proof if it was students just because they are an easy target..I'd rather see the government invest the money in phd's than pay overtime to guards to patrol the streets 24/7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Youre right, it does serve a function...it shows one or two crimes then puts the fear of god into the majority which keeps them in there houses and in theyre place watchin ****in' 'ant and dec' of a Saturday night...off the streets where theyre easier to police...Mobile phones are one thing, the state watching you is another...whose runnin' it?, whose accountable?...is it public or private...who knows?...you've been blinkered into thinkin that it stops crime...It's a fact that it doesn't have any impact whatsoever...

They're watching you right now, through your megahurtz. Quick, log off before it's too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

donmeister wrote: »
    Lucky of them indeed :rolleyes: , does anyone know if they apologized to the people(elderly or otherwise) who they terrorized, I see if made the Advertiser,any others? Did the police involved?

Something tells me they wont be up to these shenanigan's anytime soon with the amount of attention this story received. Lesson learned hopefully!

were they even caught?
    it appears peopel on this baord know who they arr, but I doubt they came foward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

i think we can differentiate between someone walking down the street and someone trying to kick in someone's door.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Now everyone is afraid to walk down Bohermore past 9 oclock

I'm not afraid of it!...also 'an bred tee hee heee...I bet you are!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Jesus, that's some level of paranoia you have there.

It's actually kind of ironic that you are posting this on a website, the owners of which can actually locate your IP address if they wanted to quite easily.

Big Brother is watching YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU OP:pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement