Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

35mm Negative Scanner in Dublin?

• 14-10-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a scanner for use with both colour and B+W 35mm negatives?

I won't be using it a huge amount, so if there's a shop in Dublin that allows the public to use theirs that would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 fabvista

I havn't tried them personally but you could check out http://www.thelightexchange.ie/digifacil.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

are you wanting to buy a scanner or get some scans done?

if its the latter give me a shout, i can help you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

stcstc wrote: »
    are you wanting to buy a scanner or get some scans done?

if its the latter give me a shout, i can help you

I'll probably only shoot a dozen or so rolls of film this year so I'll probably just get a few scans done.

If anyone knows of a cheap and good scanner I'd consider buying one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

well depends what the scans are for, if they are for on the net, most of them will be ok

if you want to do prints of say a3 ish size, then you need a decent scanner

there is one called epson v500 which isnt bad, bout 300 or so euros i think

but if you want decent scans for prints, it wont be up to doing 35mm generally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

stcstc wrote: »
    well depends what the scans are for, if they are for on the net, most of them will be ok

if you want to do prints of say a3 ish size, then you need a decent scanner

there is one called epson v500 which isnt bad, bout 300 or so euros i think

but if you want decent scans for prints, it wont be up to doing 35mm generally

I mainly want them for basic web usage, rarely print off anything these days.
    If I could get a decent 640x480px image at the end I'd be quite happy.

Considering how little use it'll get 300€ is a bit much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement