Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes 2010 Definitive Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

gavredking wrote: »
    I am glad that the ML has recevied an overhaul. It was always for me the main reason i looked forward to buying PES.

Now it seems that Konami have gone and pushed the boat out and have upgraded it and made it better. I alwats thought that become a legend had potential as a mode but it was god awful in PES 2009 as no player seemed to be able to play to there stats.

As long as it has improved that is all I can ask. Cant wait.

from what i have read BAL has not been improved at all. But ML is where its at. Real money, youth teams, sponsorship deals etc.

I cant wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

thorbarry wrote: »
    from what i have read BAL has not been improved at all. But ML is where its at. Real money, youth teams, sponsorship deals etc.

Should have been more specific, I meant as long as the game as a whole has improved over PES 2009 thats all I care about, I think BAL has the potential to be good but you can get nearly the same experience if you create yourself and buy yourself for a ML team, without the HUGE stats of course ;):D

From all the reports ML looks like its going take up most of my time for PES 2010. :pac:

gavredking wrote: »
    Should have been more specific, I meant as long as the game as a whole has improved over PES 2009 thats all I care about, I think BAL has the potential to be good but you can get nearly the same experience if you create yourself and buy yourself for a ML team, without the HUGE stats of course ;):D

From all the reports ML looks like its going take up most of my time for PES 2010. :pac:

Ah ok. I really enjoyed 2009, like, alot. It was great fun to play against friends. This year seems to be a pretty good improvement over that, I am happy :D

People seem to be giving out about the animations, fair enough they haven't changed, but alot of other stuff has. For a 1 on 1 with a mate, ya cant beat the joy of PES.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

hmmm, most of the reviews i am reading are quite good. Everyone is saying it is better than last years one, yet most reviews are giving it a lower score?

Any reviews ive read say its moved on since last year yet still languishes behind the competition.

The following taken from a review i just read sums it up for me as to why ill stick with fifa 10 on my little lads 360.
    I was considering getting pes 2010 for myself on pc [i had hoped pes 2010 could take me back to when i was a genuine pes fan] but doubt i will now, pretty much every review ive read echos the following quote.

" It's hard to imagine why gamers would opt for PES over FIFA this year unless they are such stubborn fans of the series that they'll never let go. FIFA betters Konami's offerings more or less across the board this time around, while PES' continued lack of substantial gameplay innovations (even without any comparisons to FIFA) is becoming quite worrying to say the least."

Full review here http://www.totalvideogames.com/PES-2010/review-14663.html

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I will be the first to admit that i view PES through rose tinted glasses and I would not buy FIFA based on the fact years ago PES came out and blew FIFA away, all this happened when I played FIFA way back when:) but now it seems it has come full circle and FIFA has caught up with PES and is taking on and beating PES in terms of certain aspects of gameplay.

Now by no means am I suggesting FIFA blows PES away, but it seems like for PES to over take FIFa it has to push the boat out and become bigger and better, Konami have done a brillant job with the series but the last 2 PES have become rather stale, so i hope that with PES 2010 it is a spring broad to improve all next gen football games in the PES series.

I haved played FIFA with a mate and I couldnt take to it, but that is down to the fact im a PES fan through nd through, yes FIFA has its good points but I will always hold out and get PES, because going on what Konami can do with the PES series they will nail it soon.;)

• Advertisement

Thing is, i played Fifa09 a good bit. My cousin owns it and i played it with him alot. I enjoyed it, but, when he played me in my house in PES09, it was much more fun. I just enjoy the gameplay on the pitch in PES more than i enjoy the gameplay in FIFA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭chakav

Bought FIFA 10 for €35 in tesco and traded it the next day in Xtravision for €32. It wasn't even worth the €3 it cost me to try it. Went home and slapped in PES 2009, played 10+ games of a master league and went to bed happy.

I'll be playing 2009 up until I get 2010 and come to think of it, that has been the way of it for the last few years, i've been playing the old one up until FIFA comes out, I give FIFA a go then I go back home to PES.

If it's even 10% better than last year, i'll have another 11 months of pleasure.

Long live PES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Dcully wrote: »
    I was considering getting pes 2010 for myself on pc [i had hoped pes 2010 could take me back to when i was a genuine pes fan] but doubt i will now, pretty much every review ive read echos the following quote.

" It's hard to imagine why gamers would opt for PES over FIFA this year unless they are such stubborn fans of the series that they'll never let go. FIFA betters Konami's offerings more or less across the board this time around, while PES' continued lack of substantial gameplay innovations (even without any comparisons to FIFA) is becoming quite worrying to say the least."

you really shouldn't trust review sites. that site also reckons NFS: shift is a "genre leading sim title". the reason people would opt for PES over fifa this year is the same as every other year. its the most realistic football game available regardless of how bad it might be.

as for gameplay innovations, the last fifa i owned was 2002 iirc and back then all you had to do was press L1 to make your forward set off on a run before sending an easy through ball into his path. sound familiar?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

http://www.videogameszone.de/aid,697406/PES-2010-Spielergesichter-und-Werte-von-Manchester-United-und-Manchester-City/Special/?menu=browser&mode=article&article_id=697406&entity_id=230796,230797&image_id=1207737&page=7&order=

United and City player faces and stats.

Some of them are great (faces) some are shocking.

Owen(something just not right), Obertan and Kuszczak are particularly bad.

Welbeck is SPOT FREAKING ON. The faces of the well know players are excellent in general. Haven't bothered looking through the City side.

Dunne is playing for City, dumb Konami, DUMB! even if it plays the best, its crap like this that turns away a common customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Dunne is playing for City, dumb Konami, DUMB! even if it plays the best, its crap like this that turns away a common customer.

Then theres the joy of hunting down the best PES option file made by the community to update the game fully.........

How is FIFA updated. Ive havent owned a FIFA game since the 90's so I havent a clue. Is it done with an update from EA these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

yeh they have automatic squad updates. The big one is usually after the january transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    If the online is lag free then im buying this game. FIFA 10 online is broke and I want an online football game. Plus PES had always been more fun.

Fifa's be a Pro is class. I went back last night and gave my mates a few games of PES....CPU tackling for me giving away penos, through balls ****, players bumping into one another, over the bar++! Centre halves AI is shi't!

I used to love PES, borderline fanboy....not anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Trilla wrote: »
    Fifa's be a Pro is class. I went back last night and gave my mates a few games of PES....CPU tackling for me giving away penos, through balls ****, players bumping into one another, over the bar++! Centre halves AI is shi't!

the most amazingly frustrating and stupid bugs to ever make it into a game. not even sure id call it a bug, more a design flaw. i've had to restrain myself from shattering the joypad in frustration on manys the occaision

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Trilla wrote: »

There are plenty of threads to discuss the merits of Fifa 10 can you do it in one of them before this thread dissolves into usual fanboy bickering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

chakav wrote: »
    Bought FIFA 10 for €35 in tesco and traded it the next day in Xtravision for €32. It wasn't even worth the €3 it cost me to try it. Went home and slapped in PES 2009, played 10+ games of a master league and went to bed happy.

I'll be playing 2009 up until I get 2010 and come to think of it, that has been the way of it for the last few years, i've been playing the old one up until FIFA comes out, I give FIFA a go then I go back home to PES.

If it's even 10% better than last year, i'll have another 11 months of pleasure.

Long live PES.
    Do xtravision only give store credit on trade-ins or can you get cash instead? (I presume that was €32 credit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Dcully wrote: »
    Any reviews ive read say its moved on since last year yet still languishes behind the competition.

The following taken from a review i just read sums it up for me as to why ill stick with fifa 10 on my little lads 360.

Full review here http://www.totalvideogames.com/PES-2010/review-14663.html
    Well, after playing the FIFA demo and reading this thread I think my mind is made up, I'm getting PES. Although, not looking forward to downloading the option files, it was easier on the PS2!

Quint wrote: »
    Well, after playing the FIFA demo and reading this thread I think my mind is made up, I'm getting PES. Although, not looking forward to downloading the option files, it was easier on the PS2!

Downloading an option file for ps3 is very easy, just put it on a usb stick/ external HD, and copy to your ps3, simple as pie :)

The guys over at WENB have been busy creating one already. He only started it on Saturday but has posted some vids of his progress, its looking v good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHGB3OHXW6I&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADxE6WVENig&feature=player_embedded

Downloading an option file for ps3 is very easy, just put it on a usb stick/ external HD, and copy to your ps3, simple as pie :)

The guys over at WENB have been busy creating one already. He only started it on Saturday but has posted some vids of his progress, its looking v good :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHGB3OHXW6I&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADxE6WVENig&feature=player_embedded

Yeah, but don't you then have to transfer file by file into some folder on your PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Yeah, but don't you then have to transfer file by file into some folder on your PS3?

It shouldn't take more than ten minutes of monotonous copy/paste action.

Well worth it for updated teams, kits and names.

brophs wrote: »

Ah yeah, definitely worth it. But still a pain! wonder will the option files be fully complete by Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

brophs wrote: »

It wouldn't even take 5 minutes :D.

It might be a nuisance, but well worth it.

Ah yeah, definitely worth it. But still a pain! wonder will the option files be fully complete by Friday?

LOL this guy spends over a week creating the file and your giving out about having to spend 5 minutes transferring it to your ps3?

Yea it will be downloadable either on Friday or Saturday at the latest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

LOL this guy spends over a week creating the file and your giving out about having to spend 5 minutes transferring it to your ps3?

Yea it will be downloadable either on Friday or Saturday at the latest :D

Guys, would anbody mind explaining all this to a technological idiot like me in lay mans terms. How does this work in terms of updating kits etc. Is this only a feature for PS3 or can it be done on Xbox too.

Thanks

Vudgie wrote: »
    Guys, would anbody mind explaining all this to a technological idiot like me in lay mans terms. How does this work in terms of updating kits etc. Is this only a feature for PS3 or can it be done on Xbox too.

Thanks

It works for both ps3 and xbox but, it is more complicated on the xbox, and more expensive.

Ps3 - Download an option file on the pc, simple. Copy the file to a USB stick or external hard drive or what have you. Plug your Usb stick/ external hard drive in to your playstation 3. Copy the option file from the USB stick to a folder on your ps3. When downloading the option file, they give you details step by step instructions on what to do. It really will not take any more than 10 minutes

Xbox - A Bit trickier. You will need to buy a Data transfer kit (xsata, xporter). These are usually about €40/50 on ebay. You will also need an original xbox memory card. 64mb will do. Download an option file on the pc. Copy they file using the data transfer kit from your PC to the original xbox memory card. Plug the xbox memory card into your xbox, that should work.

I own an xbox, but i have never went to the bother of spending the money to get all the kits. I bought a ps3 a couple of months, so I am deffo getting PES on ps3. 10 minutes work to have completely licensed premier league, Spanish league etc :D

I havent covered the PC version, but i believe its easier again then the ps3 way. Simply download an option file, and copy and paste it over the original option file in the PES folder on your PC ans walla ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

I didnt want to start a new thread so put this in here...its probably just upto personal choice but I am tied between which console to get this for, 360 or PS3? The only difference seems to be getting the Option File as PS3 seems better for it. Ive only ever had its predecessors on 360 as I only recently got a slim ps3, does it run smoother on PS3-online etc?
    At the moment I prefer the positioning of the analogue sticks on the 360 for sports games. Also will there be a boards league for both versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    I didnt want to start a new thread so put this in here...its probably just upto personal choice but I am tied between which console to get this for, 360 or PS3? The only difference seems to be getting the Option File as PS3 seems better for it. Ive only ever had its predecessors on 360 as I only recently got a slim ps3, does it run smoother on PS3-online etc?
    At the moment I prefer the positioning of the analogue sticks on the 360 for sports games. Also will there be a boards league for both versions?

it wont run smoother or anything but imo the ps3 pad is far better for pes. the easy option file is a big bonus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,536 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

360 and PS3 versions are supposed to be pretty much the same.

There is a frame rate issue with replays on the PS3 version which the 360 version does not suffer from (same issue seen in the demo)

I prefer the PS3 pad in general for PES. However, there are a few points to be made.
    1. Due to the design of the PS3 pad, you can still use the D-Pad and get a lot out of the '360degree' movement (not everything, but more than the 8 traditional directions).
    2. With '360degree' movement being added to PES2010, use of the analog stick is very much encouraged (a def for the xbox version). I think the position of the analog sticks on the xbox is far better than for the PS3. I think it would be easier to switch to using the analog sticks on the xbox version than on the PS3.

I'll be getting it on the PS3 though - familiarity with pad, and the ease of updating the game with option files and sound files.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

I got a email from thehut this evening and my pre-order has been dispatched. Going by recent orders i made with them, it should be here by thursday.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

bennyob wrote: »
    I got a email from thehut this evening and my pre-order has been dispatched. Going by recent orders i made with them, it should be here by thursday.:D

I got the same email, although I reckon it'll be Friday when it arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

not such a hot review on the 360 magazine, 3/5 saying its same old PES, the stiffness of the players movements, same old tactics to win matches etc. unless there is widespread acclaim for this here over the next while, i won't be purchasing for the second year in a row. Konami, take a year out, get the game up to scratch and blow us away all over again. please.....

Advertisement