Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes 2010 Definitive Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

dear oh dear that guy on winning eleven blog is an awful goon.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Fizman wrote: »
    I got the same email, although I reckon it'll be Friday when it arrives.

I ordered a dvd and the dispatch e-mail was sent yesterday at 11.20 am. It had arrived by the time i got home from work today.

.......fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Anyone played the full game yet?

Wats the first impressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

If the demo is anything to go by then its going to be crap.

Playing PES since PES2 so I've been around the block...

Same fundamental issues in the demo as last years full release:

1. Crap keepers fumbling timid shots into oncoming attackers feet.
    2. Passing is crap, ineefective and inaccurate.
    3. Through balls are pointless and attacking players do not make runs.
    4. Crossing and corners are pointless as you cant score a header.
    5. CPU defenders are way to hard to get by.
    6. No licenses.

The only improvement I see is the graphics which are great.

Thoroughly disappointing yet again...

I won't be purchasing either game - back to PES6 on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Keyzer wrote: »
    If the demo is anything to go by then its going to be crap.

Demo :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

thorbarry wrote: »
    Demo :rolleyes:

Its a demo of the pending full release - why roll your eyes?

Would they intentially make the demo crap so that the full release plays amazingly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Same fundamental issues in the demo as last years full release:

Yep. They're slightly better, but not by much.

I don't entirely know what you're getting at, but the manual pass is fantastic, and the random selction of who receives the ball from the automatic X pass seems far better.

Pointless how? They were stupidly effective last year, but this year they've been toned down, and rightly so. But they still work when used correctly. The runs are sorted with the tactics sliders; they make a massive difference.

I've always thought the game was too biased towards wing play and scoring from crosses, and this year's game doesn't seem any different to me. You have to physically move the player a bit more to get in the right position, as the defender jostles you out of the way more often.

The game has always been far too easy in terms of dribbling past people. Even the most average of centre backs can dribble half the field more often than not. This year they're forcing you to pass the ball more as in real football. Anything that moves the game back toward a simulation feel is fine by me.
    6. No licenses.

There are some licenses, but then that's never been the hardcore PES gamer's issue. With the fantastic option files being released, you don't really suffer. In fact, the kits in the Winning Eleven Blog Option File last year were better in many cases than some of the licensed efforts.
    The only improvement I see is the graphics which are great.

The graphics are good, but the animations are the real let-down this year. The players just don't move right. Particularly in tight spaces where you need them to move quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

brophs wrote: »

Pointless how? They were stupidly effective last year, but this year they've been toned down, and rightly so. But they still work when used correctly. The runs are sorted with the tactics sliders; they make a massive difference..

What are tactics sliders??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

What are tactics sliders??

They're options which set how attacking you want your players to be/how far apart they play/how much they support the player/make forward runs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

Everyone on PES fan forums says its ALOT better than the demo (which i thought was good)

This year, loyalty will be rewarded this year i feel. It will be/is a great game if you like Pro evo..

Don't listen to reviews.. Fifa bias

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has the PS3 version gotten rid of the Konami ID stuff? It was a nightmare in PES 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

yep.. konami Id ****e is nomore!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Kylzer911 wrote: »
    yep.. konami Id ****e is nomore!

Praise the lord. I remember waiting ages to even get into the site to register, then as soon as I left it I had forgotten it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Auto Coach is handy, find my ML team changing during matches and being more effective to options.

Like the skills i can skin players:cool: Using a Ps2 pad on pc and control is very good. passing is a bit of a skill, you cant just press X and aim in the general direction of the player, needs a bit of effort to make the not so easy passes.

Tru balls are best worked, i west ham and using Dyer and Nserko to make space for Cole to run into and play the tru ball works very well.

Theres a bit of a bounce between the players which i like but if you skin a player hes gone.

Online not working atm, so far happy with ML and the changes to it. Minanda and Castolo et all are youth team players you can promote to the 1st team :D

Not finding anything wrong atm but still skeptical that it just will not work online and therefore be ****.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=54979

option file for PC, its not great but its the team names and emblems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I dunno, they would fumble a shot by a v good player, if you get alot of power in the shot. I would agree that the keepers need to be improved tho
    Completely disagree, aim at the person u want to pass it too and it will go to them, this has never been an issue
    Through balls work great, and you can make a player make a run (L1+x to pass, the player that passes the ball will make a run) or use the tactical sliders to sort this out, to get other platers make runs.
    Again i would completely disagree, ive scored a good few corners and crosses, its all about technique
    It really depends how good you are at the game ;)
    6. No licenses.
    Some licences, but this has always been an issue, its nothing new
    Would they intentially make the demo crap so that the full release plays amazingly?

The only thing i found wrong with the demo is some response issues, which have been fixed in the final release

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm trading in FIFA10 and Call of Juarez for this... I like FIFA 10s Be a pro, but it got old after 4 seasons. Not a big fan of the 11aside mode, and the manager mode doesnt interest me at all.

Here's hoping it is alot better than the demo!

Advertisement