Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could live anywhere in europe where would it be??

Options
  • 14-10-2009 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

It says it all in the title...If you could live anywhere in europe where would it be and why? At the moment my favs would probably be Berlin, Madrid or Barcelona...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Definitely Germany.

Love the people, the place, the food and of course the beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭baileyjackson

Warsaw, PL or Verona IT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Warsaw or Verona?! Odd choices! Have to say I enjoyed Berlin for the short time I was there during the summer...not sure if the rest of germany would be as good tho...also there's the not speaking german problem :P

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ipad

amsterdam, or just outside of it.

or paris or england. boring typical choices, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Definitely Germany.

Dude .... If if it see any more Pork i'll puke :)

• Advertisement

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Definitely Germany.

Really dislike the German Folk. Maybe its just the people in Colonge...

As for my choices, ya they are pretty different.
    Verona is like a nicer Venice and Warsaw is just class during the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

London, Edinburgh or somewhere in the south of France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 outta_here

anywhere hot and near the beach! for cities though my fav is edinburgh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Priapus

It would have to be Germany for me too. Munich is a real nice place. Expensive /wealthy city though. Berlin is cool too. Quite extrovert and much less expensive. Not having German is not an issue in Germany (well maybe for work it does limit opportunities).

The people take a while to get used to. You have to learn to be an a$$wipe back to them! For example, if you bump into them in the street - don't apologise like you would here. That took a while to get used to. Ahhh the funny German culture....*nostalgic*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

London, Paris or Bordeaux. They are 3 magnificent cities!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Berlin seems qare popular. Apart from the 20th Anniversary the amount of stories about Berlin in News is unreal. Or is it just me?
    I've a Brother signing-on over here paying E220/Monthly to Rent a Room in Kreuzberg so it must be Cheap as Chips to live there & come home Once a Month.
    I'd be more a Stuttgart Man myself. Would love to go back but I'd be alone in a City I'd be fairly unfamiliar with.
    Ich kann Deutsch sprechen & Ich habe gearbeitet in eine Teppiche-Lader in Neunzehn Hundert Neun und Achtzig. Ich liebe Stutgart. Entschuldigung aber meine Grammatik ist sehr schlecht weil ich habe es nicht sprechen seit zehn jahren!
    Other than Poland somewhere. Bydzgosz cos have a contact there who'd put me up with him & missus.
    Also I'd get check out the hotties. If what emigraytd here in last 5 years is a fair representation of what's left over there, it might be what heaven is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

ipad wrote: »
    amsterdam, or just outside of it.

I'd recommend Utrecht.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I'd recommend Utrecht.

For any particular reason? Thinking of somewhere near there as a relocation option...

OK, New location I want to study in.... MALTA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Amsterdam.... i love living here, perfect place to enjoy the prime of your life and have the time of your life while your at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

Amsterdam.... i love living here, perfect place to enjoy the prime of your life and have the time of your life while your at it!

Hey man. Do you mind me asking what it is you work at over in Holland? Did you find it hard to get a job? I'm eyeing up a move to the continent in May and Holland is definitely a place I would consider going to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

the one and only Paris. m'm so happy I got to grow up there. paris je t'aime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Bobon wrote: »
    Hey man. Do you mind me asking what it is you work at over in Holland? Did you find it hard to get a job? I'm eyeing up a move to the continent in May and Holland is definitely a place I would consider going to.

I lived in Utrecht for a year. It depends on what field it is that you're working in. If you don't speak Dutch then you're looking at a job with a multi-national company.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

If only I could organise the world to suit me! Would live in good old New Zealand from Nov/Dec to May/June! Then like a swallow fligh back to Ireland for the rest of the year! And if I was really cleaver and could get employers and pensions organised properly I would only work 3 to 4 months of the in each country! What I would make back on tax in both countries would more than cover the cost! :D:D;):p If I was even cleaverer I would through Australia in the mix round June! really spread my tax burden around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Carribbean.

I hate the cold weather, I was in Puerto Rico last week, it was hot and sunny, on the beach. That'll do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭je suis awesome

but the question says europe? do the irish people actually believe europe to be a term used to describe everywhere that isn't an anglophone country? i've heard and read this loads of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Priapus

but the question says europe? do the irish people actually believe europe to be a term used to describe everywhere that isn't an anglophone country? i've heard and read this loads of times.

The thread has obviously developed. Lighten up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

op here...think i'll let it slide :P

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Had not spotted the stipulation on EUROPE when I added to this thread. Besides its a small world why limit it to an even smaller area????
    I also think EUROPE has developed (or may be returned to behaviours 100-200yeard old) a dangerous attitude that the and maybe the Americans to a small part are the only ones worthy of a 1st world lifestyle and as such practice a high level of PROTECTIONISM!!! While small non EUROPEAN countries are required to have NO form of trade imbargos (IE no QUOTAS or import duties) to trade with the mighty EUROPE the same does not apply in reverse! For example for NZ farmers to export to EUROPE they cannot receive Goverment Farm Payments or subsidies. In IRELAND farmers are complaining about these being reduced or removed. RANT RANT RANT

Advertisement