Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A guy I work with

Options
  • 14-10-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Lets say, a guy a I work would not be the smartest cookie in the box. But I hate to see him and his mate made look like fools.

He vacated his dingy little flat 3 weeks ago and teh landlord has not returned his deposit. 500 big ones!!

Landlord said the beds needed to be thrown out( well my mate likes the sauce and may have "leeked" a few times)

What should he do..

Regards
    ;)
    A concerned mouth

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sure a mate ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

ALTESSE100 wrote: »
    Landlord said the beds needed to be thrown out( well my mate likes the sauce and may have "leeked" a few times)

Beds? Plural?

How the hell did he manage to pish is a few beds?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

how much is a bed? 100e?

where's the change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

ntlbell wrote: »
    how much is a bed? 100e?

where's the change?

I wouldn't put €100 bed in a rented place it wouldn't last a week. There is also the charge for dumping a bed and then the hassle. €500 is well possible and it may cost more if it is multiple beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Kipperhell wrote: »
    I wouldn't put €100 bed in a rented place it wouldn't last a week. There is also the charge for dumping a bed and then the hassle. €500 is well possible and it may cost more if it is multiple beds.

Also if someone leaves beds in that state, I'm guessing the rest of the place is no rose garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Your friend is entitled to a receipt of the costs associated with disposing of the bed and buying a new one.

In fairness if he pissed the bed I find it rather hard to believe that he did no other damage while drunk.

Still, he is entitled to a receipt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ALTESSE100

i agree
    i saw the place about a month ago and there were chocken bones on the floor in the sitting room..used condoms left in the spare room ..horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 16,631 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It really sounds like "your mate" is a fool, rather than merely looking like one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Your friend should be made aware that restitution of the property is not limited to the amount paid as a deposit by the tenants- the landlord is perfectly within his/her rights to chase your friends for any difference between the deposit and what it costs to restore the property to a reasonable standard.

From the very little you've detailed on this thread thus far- I'd be shocked if EUR500 was even approaching the damage caused- it could well be a multiple of several times this.

Advertisement