Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Legendary C.I.T christmas day is back!

• 14-10-2009 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Plans for C.I.T's christmas day are back and plans are ongoing should be on in late november though..

Let the fun times role! ;D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

planning as in earmarking a good back garden to have sex in and finding out which urinals will be easiest to pull off the wall in the Beetown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I know! Delighted when they said it yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yay! This year I can actually enjoy it. Last year I was working in the bloody loft all day/night for it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Oh good, its back. I dont' think I could enjoy it last year as I had an exam or something.

Probably something else come up this year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Same with me, had a major project due last year and guess what.... I have one this year too :mad:

Not to mention my dissertation... which I mention pretty much every time I come onto the CIT thread

Damn 4th year...there's far too much work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭deegs

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Oh good, its back. I dont' think I could enjoy it last year as I had an exam or something.

Probably something else come up this year :rolleyes:

But your'e postgrad? We are not meant to enjoy these things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Hopefully the food has improved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hattrick

Well it wont be the legendary christmas day back as Ive heard there will be nothing allowed on campus. no dinner / no bands etc...

deegs wrote: »
    But your'e postgrad? We are not meant to enjoy these things?
    I know :( - getting old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭smileygirlloves

yipeee christmas day is offical agen dis yr:D i cant wait......so lukn 4ward to christmas dinner in de btown.....no projects due;);)
    aldo i ave to say i did reali enjoy last yrs christmas day despite the fact it was unofficial:rolleyes:

does any1 no de exact date yet???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

yipeee christmas day is offical agen dis yr:D i cant wait......so lukn 4ward to christmas dinner in de btown.....no projects due;);)
    aldo i ave to say i did reali enjoy last yrs christmas day despite the fact it was unofficial:rolleyes:

does any1 no de exact date yet???

Nov 26th - A Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gearoid Buckley

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Nov 26th - A Thursday.

Yes Christmas Day is back this year on November 26th, it will take a very different guise to previous as we cannot use campus facilities.

I am meeting An Garda Siochana this week to discuss the plans, followed by meetings with residents.

CIT Students' Union are running the day this year to ensure the safety of all students.

Yes Christmas Day is back this year on November 26th, it will take a very different guise to previous as we cannot use campus facilities.

I am meeting An Garda Siochana this week to discuss the plans, followed by meetings with residents.

CIT Students' Union are running the day this year to ensure the safety of all students.
    Good stuff. Welcome to Boards ne ways.

I don't know if I'll be around for the day :( , its very close to another thing

awe you might miss your first christmas dinner!!!!

so will they be printing a list of suitable gardens and handing those out?

awe you might miss your first christmas dinner!!!!
    I never once in the 4 years had the dinner. You want to be there extremly early and queue for hours. Great dinner though apparently.

you never had it:O:O .......well no we avoided the queues and headed to the btown for dinner....savaage food and no queues....eventually all the others follow there.....early seats for the dAY:)

you never had it:O:O .......well no we avoided the queues and headed to the btown for dinner....savaage food and no queues....eventually all the others follow there.....early seats for the dAY:)

ah yes the infamous beetown bar. if i get one more texts of those shaggers i'm going to torch the place and blame it on someone else. but that prolly wont happen since i changed my number. in 4 years i have only been in there like 2 or 3 times lol

Must try that maybe.
    Dankoozy wrote: »
    ah yes the infamous beetown bar. if i get one more texts of those shaggers i'm going to torch the place and blame it on someone else. but that prolly wont happen since i changed my number. in 4 years i have only been in there like 2 or 3 times lol

I think I used get texts before too and I was only in that place once very drunkenly before in 2nd year. Once in 4 years! - I'm really not a standard CIT studeent am I. But then again, I'm living out in college road next UCC so its bit of a way out, the B Town.

well i dont reali go to the btown only for christmas dinner and the odd class party:D:D

• Advertisement

It's a nice place though apparently. I cannot remember much from the night I was there, just remember a lot floors or something!

they have nice food alrite....but as i mainly to parties there i generally dont take notice of the surroundings!!!! I just know where they serve food well:D

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Signpost

CIT xmas which the college has nothing to do with? Hmmm sounds like its gonna be another fun filled day of people pissing in sinks, riding in auld widows gardens, lying on the road dressed in black and santa handing out pointess sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

If you can ensure a safe xmas day, your talents are wasted here. You should go to the middle east, you'd probably be able to sort that whole Jewish/Sunni/Shi'te thing in a few hours.

For a few too many people CIT xmas day is all about getting too drunk, getting obnoxious and doing whatever the hell you want, and its not just contained to the b'town area.

I cant wait to hear your plan, or even what you're going to say to the residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

From someone who has worked in a pub for CIT XMas day for the last 4 years, I am soooo happy I won't be working there this year!!!!!

It is mayhem, absolute mayhem!!
    I'm very suprised the SU are even trying to go ahead with it.

CIT lecturers will be advised (told) to had out assignments and have the due day for the following day, thats what happened last year

Gotta love electronic submission!

Gotta love not having submissions due for then

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭seandugg

If you can ensure a safe xmas day, your talents are wasted here. You should go to the middle east, you'd probably be able to sort that whole Jewish/Sunni/Shi'te thing in a few hours.

i agree, hell in a cell is back. No way the student union can manage that carnage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

seandugg wrote: »
    i agree, hell in a cell is back. No way the student union can manage that carnage...

Oh dear God......:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭seandugg

blow69 wrote: »
    Oh dear God......:rolleyes:

great post.....

Anybody hear about a date yet?

de 26th of november is wat i ave been told :)

26th of November. Dont forget your hip flask and wellies! The gardens will be awful wet at that time of year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Signpost wrote: »
    26th of November. Dont forget your hip flask and wellies! The gardens will be awful wet at that time of year!
    Hell in a cell round 2...

Hell in a cell round 2...

let de games start:D

Ok so were planning on doing rossa avenue at 11pm, curraheen rd at 12am, college road @ 1.30am and patricks st at 3am. Let me know which shift you can do and if you will bring your own ride or need it provided...

• Advertisement

Ok so were planning on doing rossa avenue at 11pm, curraheen rd at 12am, college road @ 1.30am and patricks st at 3am. Let me know which shift you can do and if you will bring your own ride or need it provided...

rossa avenue 11pm.........transport sorted:D

erm, maybe that was unclear. I didnt mean transport... :rolleyes:

erm, maybe that was unclear. I didnt mean transport... :rolleyes:

i kinda figured that out:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

My form of transport will be the drunken stagger please

Ah yes, the form of transport that takes you 5 times as long as walking...if you're lucky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 calviesmalvie

See you must not forget that the loft are running xmas day too... if any of you remember 2 years ago the carnage that was created....cannot wait for this 1....ive a feeling its going to be a good one from the talks of the acts and running orders.....whoop whoop

we cant forget to ave xmas eve drinks to get de party started :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 PotatoInsertion

The Post had the best idea last year. Free tickets to locals and whatnot. Place was still packed but not over the top.

Queues outside the BTown at half 11 last year. Shkyboys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

For a few too many people CIT xmas day is all about getting too drunk, getting obnoxious and doing whatever the hell you want, and its not just contained to the b'town area.

+1

I can't say I'm happy to see that this excuse for our college to utterly embarrass itself has returned. If ever CIT has lived up to the "C**ts in Tracksuits" designation, it's on our Xmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

The Post had the best idea last year. Free tickets to locals and whatnot. Place was still packed but not over the top.

Queues outside the BTown at half 11 last year. Shkyboys.

Ya and I guess they'll be doing the same this year. I'll find out and let ye know. But if you just wanna cause havoc for the day best just head on down to BTown Bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Lads are ye sure CIT Xmas day is back? The eMail from the registrar sent out to us all just now would suggest it isn't.

Can anyone confirm that next week will be an OFFICIAL CIT SANCTIONED Xmas day? Or is it just the Btown Bar and Co running their own one, as was the case last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

One of my lecturers told me today that it is being run by the SU but that does NOT mean classes are officially cancelled.

We have a presentation from 9-2 on Thursday morning, great.

Lia_lia wrote: »
    One of my lecturers told me today that it is being run by the SU but that does NOT mean classes are officially cancelled.

We have a presentation from 9-2 on Thursday morning, great.
    Good luck with it. I really don't think CIT would back such a day anymore considering what a terrible reputation the college has gained from it previous years.

Ok confirmation
    CIT Mail wrote:
    The CIT position on this matter is quite clear. Thursday November 26th is a normal college day in CIT. All class timetables will run as normal in terms of lectures, practical and workshop sessions, laboratories etc. Any Continuous Assessment scheduled for the day will continue as normal and will not be rescheduled. Friday November 27th is also a normal college day here in CIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

Can't wait for it!!! Last year wasn't allowed into any of the student accoms... I'll be there bright and early this year :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement