Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Broadband Usage

• 14-10-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

Hi! For the last few weeks I can't check my broadband usage on the perlico website, so this month I was charged an extra €49 for exceeding my limit of 24gb. I was well aware I went over my limit, but I didn't realise just how much. This feature is not working for around a month now and I was wondering should I refuse to pay it? Also, is anyone else having this problem? Finally do eircom still not charge for exceeding the limit, as my contract is up with perlico in a few months and was thinking of telling them where to go.. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭hello932

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Hi! For the last few weeks I can't check my broadband usage on the perlico website, so this month I was charged an extra €49 for exceeding my limit of 24gb. I was well aware I went over my limit, but I didn't realise just how much. This feature is not working for around a month now and I was wondering should I refuse to pay it? Also, is anyone else having this problem? Finally do eircom still not charge for exceeding the limit, as my contract is up with perlico in a few months and was thinking of telling them where to go.. Cheers.

Im with perlico too..what deal are you on though? im on the perlico freedom offer-i too have noticed that the online perlico usage checker does not work-how do you know that someone did not hack into your network and download a lot of stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Conte

I have the Freedom Bundle Plus with Perlico and have a 30GB limit. They claim that I went over my limit by 40GB (€47.26 extra on my bill bringing it up to €99.36!) so according to them I downloaded 70GB in one month. So I called them and said that when I signed up over the phone I was given no information as to what my download limit was and they said that it was a verbal agreement. I told them I want to hear a recording of the verbal agreement and they said they would try track it down. I also said that if there is no way for me to check my day to day usage of broadband on their website they cannot expect me to pay the extra €47.26. They said I would have to pay it or else it would go to credit control. I said that I would happily go to court and fight this, which I would imagine any judge would laugh at them and their shoddy work practices and award in my favour.
    Don't pay it. Pay your normal bill and that's all.
    Fight corporate power and greed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 shesham

I couldn't access Perlico broadband usage either and asked a customer service person about it. They gave no reason or indication when it would work but referred me to this site: http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
    click on NetSat Live and download that and it should keep a running log for you. I saved it to my taskbar at the bottom of screen and keep it open to see what kind of usage I have. I only have 10GB limit with a 1MB speed.
    24GB is quite a limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Conte

They pointed me to the analogx website too but that is useless because I have wireless devices like iPod, PSP, wireless capable phone and analogx cannot monitor these. Anyway I called them again and they have backed down and I don't have to pay it but they tried to spin it as a nice gesture from them!

Advertisement