Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISA Residential Course, November 2009

Options
  • 14-10-2009 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Got the ISA Newsletter through the post today...one of the articles involves the "ISA Residential Intensive Course For Adults Who Stammer".
    This is a residential course that lasts for 6 nights and which is being held in Mullingar, Co. Westmeath from November 3rd to November 8th!!!
    A maximum of 10 places available. The course costs 620 euros which includes bed & breakfast, evening meal and 6 days therapy!!! A real bargain!!! ;)
    I believe it is modelled very similarly to The Patmar Course which was held in Co. Sligo!!!
    The Mullingar course was held for the first time back in March or April of this year...from what I am to believe it was a very good course!!!
    For more information email stammeringcourse@gmail.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

i was wondering if anyone has more info on this, is it run by speech therapists?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

I'd be 100% sure it is being run by qualified speech therapists!!! ISA would not be advertising it otherwise!!!
    I have an idea who the therapists are...one I think took the old Patmar Course that I was on!!!
    You should email the email address I provided as soon as possible if you're keen!!!
    Chances are you would have to go for "an interview" first...as in to see that your aims during therapy match that with what the course provides!!! It is also inportant that you will gel with the rest of the stammerers...residential therapy is highly geared towards everyone supporting each other!!!
    This course is not a money-making thing...as you can see by the price...cost of B&B and evening meals for 6 days alone would probably be 400 euros odd itself...and that is me being generous money-wise!!!

Advertisement