Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S shop in Clonmel

Options
  • 14-10-2009 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Was it Clonmel that the M&S shop opened, anyone been lately if so do they have their Xmas stuff in yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

Was it Clonmel that the M&S shop opened, anyone been lately if so do they have their Xmas stuff in yet?
    Yes there is one in clonmel open.
    but as for there christmas stuff in ive no idea

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Was there on Sat last. They have mince pies, brandy butter and advent calanders if that's what you mean....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Yup, new M&S store, bit of information here -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055537077

Although it strays off topic a bit. Just general informaton in places there about the store.

No idea about Christmas stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I was down there this evening,some place there now with all the new shops open,Eddie Rockets was packed out.

tippspur wrote: »
    I was down there this evening,some place there now with all the new shops open,Eddie Rockets was packed out.

Supposed to be crazy expensive I hear?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Christmas stuff out there alright,today anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Went to Clonmel today to have a look at the M&S. I was taken aback at how small the food hall is. It's really tiny. The Showgrounds development itself is probably a bit bigger than I expected, although there are a lot of units yet to be filled. If they get some good shops to fill it, it should be a nice place indeed, even if the anchor is small.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Yeah it's very dear ok.but every time i pass down by there it's packed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I was in the Showgrounds shopping centre today, M&S was nice but as somebody mentioned earlier it's tiny. Also I can't believe it this day of age a shopping centre has no cash machines. I had no cash on me but wanted to but some papers searched the whole place but couldn't find one, I stopped at a shop and asked and they said there were none in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Just the normal pricing for an Eddies restaurant i would imagine, the same as the ones in Cork and Limerick. Its around E6.50 for a Classic burger, but then there's twice the eating in it when compared to a normal burger. Their desserts are nice too but its their chips i cant stand, very skinny and flavourless.

So what other outlets are gone into the Showgrounds? Last time i was there it was just M&S and Fine Wines.

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    Just the normal pricing for an Eddies restaurant i would imagine, the same as the ones in Cork and Limerick. Its around E6.50 for a Classic burger, but then there's twice the eating in it when compared to a normal burger. Their desserts are nice too but its their chips i cant stand, very skinny and flavourless.

So what other outlets are gone into the Showgrounds? Last time i was there it was just M&S and Fine Wines.

I wouldn't pay €6.50 for a burger unless I got it as a meal-deal thing.

Someone told me about the newer outlets, can't think of them now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

grenache wrote: »

Jack Jones, BB's Café..Golden Discs...there is more but i'm not sure what they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

callaway92 wrote: »
    Jack Jones, BB's Café..Golden Discs...there is more but i'm not sure what they are
    also there is
    A&E Jewellery Store
    Crunch Retail
    First Chapter Books
    Hype Hair
    Name It
    only
    Pamela Scott
    Pralibel Belgian Chocolate
    Tina’s Florists
    villa
    and more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

In there today.....bloody white elephant of a place, place practically empty. Eddie Rockets deserted, staff cleaning the windows!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

I wouldn't pay €6.50 for a burger unless I got it as a meal-deal thing.

Someone told me about the newer outlets, can't think of them now though!

If you want a burger that tastes like a burger should then pay the €6.50

If you prefer burgers that taste like wet carpet and are made of ground bull's testicles,MSG and water keep paying the €1/€2 in MacDonalds,Mayfair,BK,etc.

Cheap doesn't always = value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

hmmm......i'm not a fan of McDonalds, KFC etc. but the prices at Eddie Rockets are a bit on the high side!

lets say your bringing your honey out for a quick meal at Eddie Rockets.
    you both order:

Classic Burger - €6.95
    extras: sauce, pesto, cheese - €1
    chips - €3.65
    coffee - €2.30

thats €22.20
    Bit steep eh?

a breakfast roll is €4.95! :eek:

do they not realise there's a recession on?? :)

Advertisement