Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to re-do the leaving cert?

Options
  • 14-10-2009 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm only in 5th but kinda nervous that if I do fail I may have to re-do it.
    What I wanted to know was if it is possible to re-do the leaving cert? If so how does it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Iamcharlie wrote: »
    I'm only in 5th but kinda nervous that if I do fail I may have to re-do it.
    What I wanted to know was if it is possible to re-do the leaving cert? If so how does it work?

You can redo any subject you want. If you get a better grade 2nd time it stands.

Not sure about the points though.

But I wouldn't worry about it. It's not as bad as it seems. Just remember to enjoy it. It's a good age to be, so live your life, and if you're more relaxed you'll do better in school too.

I have seen really smart people mess up an exam because they were stressed. Life has a way of always turning out well for people with a possitive attitude about everything they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 loldrg

You can re-sit the Leaving Cert. any number of times, but your points must all come from the same year. So say you're doing some course in NUI Maynooth, and need a third language (most courses there do as Matriculation Requirements), you get your points but fail your language. You can wait a year, re-sit that language paper and apply through the CAO again. But you cannot count the grade you get in that language as one of the subjects you use for points. Of course there's always a risk the points for your course might go up if you wait a year but if you're well over the points req. for the year you first sat your LC you should be ok.

(99% sure that's right.....)

Advertisement